Acerbis tank for 2006 YZ450

Does anyone know if the 03-05 Acerbis 3.3 tank will fit on my 06 yz450? I called Acerbis and the US distributer is Scott USA and they said their made in Italy and even they don't know if it will fit. They said the maker of them does not share that information. They are not sure if they will be making one for the 06-08 models either.

I guess I will have to go with the IMS tank if not. I have just been reading posts of them failing or cracking. Anyone with the IMS please give me your .02.

Yes, I do. :thumbsup:

No, it won't. :)

I have a Clarke 2.8 on mine, and it's OK.

I just bought an IMS 3.1 for my '06 and the fit and finish is nice but I haven't even put fuel in it yet. It looks good...doesn't have that big ugly 'oversize' look to it. I have IMS tanks on my RM250 and on my YZ426 and have had no problems with them.

Yes, I do. :thumbsup:

No, it won't. :)

I have a Clarke 2.8 on mine, and it's OK.

Does the Clark have the cross over line with dual petcocks on it or do you have to lean over the bike to one side to use all the fuel?

The Clarke comes drilled for one petcock (on the left), and has embedded nuts on the other side so it can be drilled if you choose.

I ran an '03 petcock on each side, running the line from the right side through a heat shielding sleeve and around the front of the engine to a Y fitting near the carb.

Here's a link to some pictures of it:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4069918#post4069918

There's also pics of an IMS installation in that thread.

The Clarke comes drilled for one petcock (on the left), and has embedded nuts on the other side so it can be drilled if you choose.

I ran an '03 petcock on each side, running the line from the right side through a heat shielding sleeve and around the front of the engine to a Y fitting near the carb.

Here's a link to some pictures of it:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4069918#post4069918

There's also pics of an IMS installation in that thread.

Thanks Grayracer!!! That info was very useful.

I have a black IMS 3.1 on my 450. Looks very close to stock and no issues as of yet. Here is a picture of it to see what a larger black tank looks like.DSCF0102.jpg

Ganadore

Man you sold me. Looks great in black with the white plastic. I'm going to order one ASAP. Did you get the petcock and cap with the tank?

Being able to see through the tank to determine the fuel level is a convenient feature of the "white" desert tanks.

Being able to see through the tank to determine the fuel level is a convenient feature of the "white" desert tanks.

Can you see through the white tanks? I thought the natural was the one you can see through?

Can you see through the white tanks? I thought the natural was the one you can see through?
That was what I meant. It looks pretty near white, even though it's not.
Ganadore

Man you sold me. Looks great in black with the white plastic. I'm going to order one ASAP. Did you get the petcock and cap with the tank?

No, I just used the stock petcoct (turned 180 degrees facing towards the cylinder) and I am using the IMS cap that comes with the tank.

The black tank does not allow one to see the amount of gas that remains when compared to natural as Gray stated, but in WI, we do not have the endless desert rides others have thus the need is less. So I just purchased black so it looked closer to stock. Either way, its a great tank.