Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matts06yzf

So the 08 has been announced, lets discuss

48 posts in this topic

The new pipe on the 450 is awesome!! its like 12 inches long, instead of like 2 feet!

I like the pipe and the pegs. I am not to sure about the black side covers. As for changes warrenting a new bike for you I would wait to make that choice until some tests have been done to see how the cams and porting, and susp changes did to affect the bike.

Hopefully the aftermarket companies will make smaller exhaust 's for the 07.

other then that glad i got my 07 for the price i paid...

7k out the door, free quickshot, IMS 3.2 Gallon tank, some grips and some stickers.

bikes look the same for the most part.

i don't imagine yamaha will change much engine wise in the next 2 years with EFI around the corner.

And i will never use my suspension to the fullest potential.

The 450 actually got a few more changes than i thought it would. The two changes below are the ones i feel worth mentioning:

1) Revised intake port shapes, and revised intake and exhaust cam profiles increase combustion efficiency for improved torque and throttle response in the low- to mid-rpm range.

2) Steering head pipe and steering stem are 5mm shorter; lower forged triple steering clamp is lighter—for enhanced handling feel. Swingarm pivot stiffness is revised to complement front-end changes and further lighten and improve steering/handling.

I wonder what the chassis changes are going to reveal? At first from what i read on MXA i thought 2008 wouldn't see much changes but these little things can add up in my opinion.

Protapers with adjustable...thats right...adjustable triple clamps, larger pegs..........sweet.(saves money right there)

219lbs ...awesome...and in White again for 08..:thumbsup:

Can anyone comment on the steering head pipe and steering stem changes? I'm just wondering what exactly they were trying to achieve by doing so, maybe a little more front wheel traction?

Sounds like its a good time to buy an 07. My local dealer is selling them OTD for $5399. Just add a pipe like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YZ450-YZ450F-FMF-FACTORY-4-1-CARBON-TI-MEGABOMB-HEADER_W0QQitemZ180128779828QQihZ008QQcategoryZ35596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and get or keep your 07.

oh and what dealer are you talking about? please i would love to know

an i also wonder why they went back to SS for the pegs instead of TI? couldn't afford it?

North American Warhorse in PA 570 876 8500 he quoted me prices last week

07 Yamaha 450 $5399

07 Kaw 450 $5599

07 Hon 450 $6250

no tax for NJ residents

i dont know if its me. but i like the large can type mufflers we have today. for some reason the new exhaust system reminds me of a 2 smoke. i guess it will grow on me. Im really wondering how the new engine mods are going to fix the bottom end issue. to me the bottom end wasnt bad. it was certainly lacking a little bit, im wonding if they did to much to the motor. i would of just of refined the exhaust system. and called it a day.. im looking foward to seeing what the mags are going to say about the bike this year.

josh

North American Warhorse in PA 570 876 8500 he quoted me prices last week

07 Yamaha 450 $5399

07 Kaw 450 $5599

07 Hon 450 $6250

no tax for NJ residents

They have some crazy prices on bikes there, but I thought that they were in NY? I hope that they are in PA, 'cause then I'd buy my next bike there. :thumbsup:

Is'nt yamaha hurting those who will be selling there used 07's, It is crushing the resale of our bikes having yami discount them so much (5399)

fuel injection would probably come for 09...maybe even 10. As usual, yamaha is lettin the other guys be the guinea pigs. Im happy i bought my 07 because 3-4 years from now when its time for a new bike the yamaha EFI should have the bugs out. As far as the revised porting, they probably returned it to 06 spec...the 06's had more low end. just a guess tho.

I definatley like the 120 rear tire.

I guess they got enough complaints about the engine noise and finally did something to address it.

If any 08 guys get an aftermarket exhaust , i will be happy to buy their stock one, provided it will fit.

oh and as far as NA WARHORSE is concerned, it is a really nice place...HUUUUGGEEE. THey have such a selection its rediculous. Its like the size of a home depot. Never bought a bike there tho. I got my 07 in november of 06 so they werent willin to budge too much

oh and as far as NA WARHORSE is concerned, it is a really nice place...HUUUUGGEEE. THey have such a selection its rediculous. Its like the size of a home depot. Never bought a bike there tho. I got my 07 in november of 06 so they werent willin to budge too much

Yeah, an extremely nice place, I've been there before as well, I just wasn't sure if it was in PA, or across the border into NY.

Is'nt yamaha hurting those who will be selling there used 07's, It is crushing the resale of our bikes having yami discount them so much (5399)
Yamaha isn't discounting them, the dealer is. But neither he nor Yamaha has any particular interest in supporting the price of used bikes in the private sector. Tough as that is for you and others, it will help those of us who will be in the market for an '06-'07.
What happened? I thought the new 450 was going to br fuel injected?
Word from Japan has been '09 for EFI for at least the last year or so.

I definatley like the 120 rear tire.

If any 08 guys get an aftermarket exhaust , i will be happy to buy their stock one, provided it will fit.

I've tried 120/90's and I didn't like them. Maybe a 120/80 will be better. The muffler is something of a revolution, if it works well. It's an actual baffled muffler, something along the lines of the flowmasters or the later high performance Corvette and Camaro systems. It won't ever need packing, as I undestand it, because it doesn't use any.