Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttr225guy

Stalling 07 WR450

8 posts in this topic

Alright, so my dad recently got the 07 WR450. We replaced the throttle stop screw and got some GYTR( Genuine Yamaha Technical Racing... somethin like that) and now at high revs the bike sort of hesitates or does like a mini stall type thing. it kind the cuts out:confused: anyone know what is up?

rev limiter??? or it needs to be jetted

or is it more of a stumble?

what gytr parts did you put on?

Alright, so my dad recently got the 07 WR450. We replaced the throttle stop screw and got some GYTR( Genuine Yamaha Technical Racing... somethin like that) and now at high revs the bike sort of hesitates or does like a mini stall type thing. it kind the cuts out:confused: anyone know what is up?

If it happens at constant mid to upper RPM range it may be the TPS.

Do a search for TPS related topics and you will hear it described over and over. If it is the TPS than the "stuttering" is by design but can be eliminated supposedly by simply unplugging the TPS, (Throttle Positioning Sensor).

Good luck:ride:

When I installed my AIS removal kit i forgot to cap off the small vacuum line from the top of the head. It made it idle really high, stumble and die, and generaly not run right. First thing i would check.

rev limiter??? or it needs to be jetted

or is it more of a stumble?

what gytr parts did you put on?

well, thats what parts we did, it was like a gytr jetting kit or something

Word of advice, in future if you want advice dont leave a bread trail, tell us what the problem is and what you did to the bike ie. modifications ,parts used etc. and you will be given good advice.

Cheers

Muz

:thumbsup::busted::thumbsup:

I did all the free mods and had the same problem. I disconected the TPS connector and it's now working perfectly.