How do you pick a downed 650 up?

Hey janner,

Some of these guys are full of shit! Have they ever dropped they're heavy bikes in the mud? I doubt it.:thumbsup:

Rman....

If anyone out there is gonna tell me you cant just grap the bike and pick it up cuz it will bend and break stuff then SORRY your FOS!!!! Its not a tinker toy and picking a bike up doesnt bend and break it LMAO you can jump it but for gods sake DONT PICK IT UP youll bend the subframe LMAO Thanks for all the name calling im sure the mod's will take care of that though FYI name calling just gets you banned for a week(trust me i know) LMAO NEXT POST!!!

for all the tards out there who actually need a lesson on this:

PS notice how its all the non californians worrying about how to pick up thier bike. I've always noticed that out-of-staters are overly cautions. I think it just has to do with our wild west attitude toward life.

PS notice how its all the non californians worrying about how to pick up thier bike. I've always noticed that out-of-staters are overly cautions. I think it just has to do with our wild west attitude toward life.

LMAO WILD WILD WEST yeah yeah thats right OK enough junk NEW THREAD this ones DEAD!!!

SERIOUSLY!!! Did someone actually make and narrate a video of how to pick up a bike??? weaksauce lol. dude i've dragged my bike down hills cuz they were too steep and i didn't feel like picking it up lol

YOU CAN:T HURT THE BRP! !!

i attempted to ride mine in a hare scramble last month, got plenty of practice pickin it up. fell down 4 times in 4 miles,(it was kinda muddy and rutty) . just grab the bars and lift up and into it. the last fall of that day resulted in a broken rib. still had fun tho.

overly cautious? no but you should be in RED CA!!!

Awwww come on guys give janner a break. I too have read all kinds of crap about the L's weak spots. I'm sure that's what he's worried about. Don't sweat it janner. I'm no expert rider, but somewhat of an authority on wrecking.:busted:

They are tough machines. I wrecked the hell outta a buddy's '01 L and after putting some of my '07 plastic on his all is well. :thumbsup:

Worry more about your own safety and try to lift with the legs and not the back. Do a damage survey and make sure you're not losing too much blood to make it home and ride... :thumbsup:

Good Luck

Adam

Den and Gabby........

On a positive note, it means that having identified you both at such an early stage I dont have to waste my time asking you for any advice in the future.:thumbsup:

To everyone else that made a sensible reply...I thank you.:thumbsup:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? the only thing i've ever bent on my bike is my handlebars (that eventually snapped) this bike is not the crf/x brotha it can handle anything :thumbsup: even all my many crashes

Your not crashing hard enough (actually, I have seen you crash and you crash pretty hard). I looped mine out in front of my house today screwing around doing wheelies and the subframe looks like king kong used it as a toothpick. Luckily I had a crappy old fender on there and not the DS fender :thumbsup:

I've always just used the handlebars, but it's not easy. News flash: Different guys have different strength levels. I don't have the power to just lean over and pick my 650L up with one hand like it's a mountain bike. I need to use both hands sometimes, depending on how it falls. (By the way, if you can bench 300 and squat 450 and you want to insert a macho man comment here about how I should eat my Wheaties, ha ha ha, do me a favor and save it.)

Sometimes you have to use technique to lift the pig. Here's something I learned. Let's say it falls over on the left, and let's say you'll need both hands to lift it up. If you reach down and lift the left handlebar , the fork will turn LEFT and the front wheel will roll, resulting in the bike rolling away from you as you get it 1/3 up. Down go you and the bike in the mud. Do this: First turn the fork all the way to the RIGHT. Then when you lift the bar, the bike will not roll and will be about 20% easier to pick up. Reverse if the bike falls on the right; turn the fork to the LEFT all the way first.

I ride about 2500 miles a summer. 85 - 90% of them forest roads and trails. I fall down alot. Some days I'm so tired of picking that bike up I want to use explosives and try and blow it up off the ground and then catch it when its right side up.

Just a thought.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

I cant believe someone needs to ask how to pick a bike up LMAO dont ride it if you cant start it or pick it up!!

Good point. It's also important to mention that the bike will be easier to pick up in your front yard when you are fresh and cool , compared to picking it up from a dusty trail while hot, sweaty and tired. I would consider it borderline irresponsible for someone to take a long ride on a bike they were just barely able to pick up in controlled conditions. Just a thought...

What part of my original post gives some of you guys the presumtion that it was about not being strong enough to pick up a XR 650!!......:thumbsup:

To emphasise my question.......it concerned the apparant weak rear sub frame of the XR reported by other XR owners combined with my superhuman strength which is capable of lifting the XR with both wheels off the ground .......though , it now seems, preferably not by the sub frame alone :thumbsup:..

I guess in hind sight it was a stupid question ..for some anyway.....bad me:bonk:

With the exception of the XR, all of my previous and current owned bikes have been built like a brick s@@t house which have given me no concerns whatever about the durability of the frame.....

Other concerns...yes.....frame, no.......:busted:

I once tipped over on my 650L on an off camber slope into some brush. Bike was down on it's left side and at an approximate 30 degree angle, my left foot was stuck under the bike, I managed to wiggle by boot free so I could get up. Then found some good footing and grabbing the bike by pipe (left a glove mark on it )and the front fork I hefted it upright, rolled it back some, so I could get it turned back down the trial to a level spot. Started right up and back up the trail I went - uneventfully this time. They are heavy but can certainly be picked up in some pretty strange situations / configurations. I am 73" and 225 btw and and old fart...:-)

How can you drop a bike when you can only ride it three months a year becuase you've got the wrong color sticker?

Red sticker, green sticker, purple sticker, pink sticker. Judging from the quality of your posts you probably have the upside down pink sticker on your bike.

Leave This Stupid Thread Alone And Let It Die!!!!! Plz Close This One For Good!!!!!!!