New XR650L

Just bought a '07 650L, what should I do to make a great bike even better?

Don't be like me I purchased my L in Jan and only have 50 miles on the bike.

Trail rider, I plan on making this bike a daily rider on and off the rode. I had a '83 600 years ago, loved the bike. went to street bikes and dirt. always missed the on and off.

Its a gret bike to have but I also have a 450 X that just rips. I spend a little more time on the x due to the broad power that it has.

Trail rider, I plan on making this bike a daily rider on and off the rode. I had a '83 600 years ago, loved the bike. went to street bikes and dirt. always missed the on and off.

I had an 83 too, my favorite bike for sure. :thumbsup:

Just bought one as well. So far, I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a Clarke 4.7 gal. tank, a bash plate, emissions removal kit, a luggage rack and side racks. I already put Acerbis hand guards on. Soon I will re-spring it front and rear and may consider a Corbin seat in the future.

Just bought one as well. So far, I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a Clarke 4.7 gal. tank, a bash plate, emissions removal kit, a luggage rack and side racks. I already put Acerbis hand guards on. Soon I will re-spring it front and rear and may consider a Corbin seat in the future.

Where did you get them at?

Here is a handy link axle ........ http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/

Just bought a '07 650L, what should I do to make a great bike even better?

You may want to start by doing Daves carb mods and put a bigger tank on it.

I have heard of the carb mods. Does anyone know what is meant by uncorking and what is the best way to do it? Also would like to put a rack on it. I'm going to run for a while before I do any suspension work if any.

I have heard of the carb mods. Does anyone know what is meant by uncorking and what is the best way to do it? Also would like to put a rack on it. I'm going to run for a while before I do any suspension work if any.

Axle, :thumbsup: all that info is in the link that I just gave you, take a minute to scroll up and down, you'll see it.

The uncorking is simply the "Do-It-Yourself Smog Block-Off kit", it's in there too.

Thanks To All. I'm Going To Check On The Links That Were Given And Get The Credit Card Out. Just Came In From Putting 60 Quick Miles On Her, Dirt Mud And Highway. What A Blast. I Feel Like I'm 20 Years Younger!