HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
litng1

92 xr600 worth?

4 posts in this topic

What is a fair price 4 a 92xr600.It needs a timing chain and thats it.No other damage.Guy has a new chain to go with it.Its in great shape for 92

How do you know it only needs a timing chain? My point is YOU DON'T! If it were such a simple fix, why has he not fixed it himself? If he is not capable of changing a timing chain on his own, who made the diagnosis that it was the timing chain in the first place....? Before I purchased this bike, I would have it checked out by a shop. Otherwise, if the deal is too good to pass on ($400 or less), then buy it and be prepared to find out what is really wrong with it.

I purchased a running bike that I test drove before I pulled out my cash. I paid $800. I think I got a good deal. I did have to replace all the rockers & cam shortly after buying it, but for what I paid, I still think I got a good deal.

A non-running bike-unless it can be proven what is wrong with it-won't pull that much unless being purchased for the parts.. These things are actually worth more for parts, than in complete condition.

If the timing chain needs replacement chances are other parts are worn out as well.