HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiz636

Anybody using Pasrtana FMX bend bars?

7 posts in this topic

The Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend bars have a 121mm rise which I believe makes them almost 1 1/2" taller than the '06 stockers. That would solve my problem of trying to find bar risers that are more than 10 - 15 mm.

Anybody tried these bars? Does anybody know for sure what the stock Pro Taper rise is?

I believe the OEM rise on the '06 is something like 69mm. They are certainly lower that the Pro Taper "YZ High" (which is the same as the Tag "YZ"), and that's 77 as I recall. The Windhams are 92, I believe, and feel much better than stock.

I have them and they are much taller than stockers. If you wanna go even higher, you might wanna try Raptor bend, another 3/4 inch taller than Pastrana FMX

I bought the KX High ProTapers because I was told at the time that they were the highest of any ProTaper bars. I'm unsure of the height but I like them.

Thanks for the info Gray!

xrmarty: I thought about the Raptor bend, those are TALL (which is good for me)...have you tried them?

xrmarty: I thought about the Raptor bend, those are TALL (which is good for me)...have you tried them?

No, I have not. However, my brother is also using Pastranas FMX with a Scott's Stabilizer submount (which adds to the total hight about 3/4" I believe). I love that combination. I'm holding off on buying the Raptor bend, as I still havn't decided how I will mount my stabilizer. A submount + Raptor may cause cables and/or brake line to be too short:eek:

i have the pastrana fmx bend and i love them im kind of tall 6'4" i would like a little taller bar or riser but for now i like them alot.