HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jnybbad1l40

E-start & High Comp Piston?

5 posts in this topic

Anyone with a 13:1 piston have any issues turning the motor over with the e-start? Is the decompression system up to the task with the higher compression?

Yep... ME!!!!

I got a JE high comp piston in my '05, it is 12.7:1 in the WR.

The '05 WR is 12.3:1 stock and '05 YZ 12.5:1 stock.

I have to first say that I got hotcams as well that I installed at the same time, and the e-start is not strong enough to turn the motor over quick enough to start it. It turns over really slow. :ride:

I don't know if it is the cams, but the decomp pin is the same length as stock, so I think it is the piston.

For the gains of the extra .5 CR, I would just stick to stock piston and keep the e-start. :thumbsup:

Mine kickstarts easily every time though.......

Thinking about changing pistons? I did mine at about 5,000kms (3100 miles) and the stock piston and rings were in really good shape. :)

Had a chat to hotcams and they say the decomp actuator pin needs to be a bit longer for the wr when using a high comp piston.

Seems like it is the cams that is the problem and not the piston. :thumbsup:

When I get my issue resolved (not in the near future...) I will let you know how I get on. :thumbsup: