swade730

DRZ pics with the best background landscape

6,176 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 7:32 AM, bucket list said:

20170520_151818_HDR.jpg
I hate it when a good road comes to an end. My bike is the white dot in the middle

Randy, Did you think you could get away without telling ME where that was? I'll guess ......Chilliwack/Harrison?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, shuswap1 said:

Randy, Did you think you could get away without telling ME where that was? I'll guess ......Chilliwack/Harrison?

Haha, close, but just before you get to Hope heading east, the Silver Skagit rd goes south about 35kms. Then there's a FSR that goes south west and comes out at Chilliwak lake. It's all part of the TCT or The Great Trail as it's called. I'm going to try it from the Chilliwack lake side and see how far I can get. It peaks at about 1350 meters, so I may have to wait a bit with all the snow we've had this winter. There is a FSR coming up from the lake, but ends at about the 1100 meter mark, then it looks like just a hiking trail over the peak to another FSR over to the Sliver SKagit. so I may never get a bike through it, but I'm going to try. Some of the best trails I've found are from scouring Google earth. Some times you win, some times lose. It's all part of the adventure.

3 people like this

Ok Greg, i tried that TCT from Chilliwack lake to Silver skagit today, and as expected i got stymied at 1200 meters, not by snow but a big water mud hole along the trail.
Here's some shots of trail.
20170617_101825_HDR.jpg20170617_101439_HDR.jpg20170617_095913_HDR.jpg20170617_094811_HDR.jpg20170617_094456_HDR.jpg20170617_093455_HDR.jpg
5 people like this

Ride out this afternoon, Mt Hay, Blue Mountains, Australia

Image00001.jpg.5e93a78a725d88a081d579d71e771335.jpg

Image00002.jpg.05a4c70c6ba44068d818828e01de8ed6.jpg

Image00003.jpg.fba56bbf39a77553f1c25812f57f592d.jpg

6 people like this

12 hours ago, bucket list said:

Ok Greg, i tried that TCT from Chilliwack lake to Silver skagit today, and as expected i got stymied at 1200 meters, not by snow but a big water mud hole along the trail.
20170617_093455_HDR.jpg

I wish we had mountain lakes like those in Australia, great stuff.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, BMSteve said:

But you have some awesomely  beautiful  and unique area down to there, I'd love to explore down there, but I think it's going to take all my remaining years just to see all there is in North America.:ride:

2 people like this

Screenshot_20170618-085255.jpg Spent all day swimming at the lake yesterday, was 100F, lake was about 65, perfect.
3 people like this

19 hours ago, bucket list said:

20170617_101825_HDR.jpg20170617_101439_HDR.jpg20170617_095913_HDR.jpg20170617_094811_HDR.jpg20170617_094456_HDR.jpg20170617_093455_HDR.jpg

Randy, looks like a very interesting trail from Chilliwack Lake to Hope. See any others out there or did it feel pretty remote?

Do you think that mud hole will dry out any time soon? Brush looks to be taking over parts of the trail, impassable or just slow you to a crawl, making it easier for the bears to catch their prey?

BTW, the bike looks truly ready for adventure travelling, noticed lots of detail.

Edited by shuswap1
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, shuswap1 said:

Randy, looks like a very interesting trail from Chilliwack Lake to Hope. See any others out there or did it feel pretty remote?

Do you think that mud hole will dry out any time soon? Brush looks to be taking over parts of the trail, impassable or just slow you to a crawl, making it easier for the bears to catch their prey?

BTW, the bike looks truly ready for adventure travelling, noticed lots of detail.

Ya, I'm thinking a couple of week's of summer sun may dry up that spot, I'm going to try it again later in the summer when the bear's are already fattened  up.lol.  Didn't see a soul past the north end of the lake, only a few face slippers on the way up, but a tough rock slide and a couple of tricky Creek crossing to navigate. A fun challenge  for the DRZ though.

And thanks, I've been experimenting with different setups, sure a lot easier to ride the tough stuff without that gas can and tent hanging over my back fender, may have to try a bigger tank.

2 people like this

[attachment=407224:20170617_100621_HDR.jpg
It's funny how pictures never quite show the severity of the terrain.

6 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

Screenshot_20170618-085255.jpg Spent all day swimming at the lake yesterday, was 100F, lake was about 65, perfect.

I relish those type of days, but at those water Temps,  I'm still thinking significant shrinkage.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, bucket list said:

But you have some awesomely  beautiful  and unique area down to there, I'd love to explore down there, but I think it's going to take all my remaining years just to see all there is in North America.:ride:

Yeah for sure , but I want those lakes as well :-)

1 person likes this

I'd buy another Clarke tank if for some reason this one bit the dust. Holds almost 16 litres and I LOVE the range/freedom. Clear plastic may not look the best(I don't mind it at all) but I see at a glance where the fuel is at.

Fat bears = slower/ less motivated/ less cranky

images.jpg

2 people like this

13 hours ago, shuswap1 said:

I'd buy another Clarke tank if for some reason this one bit the dust. Holds almost 16 litres and I LOVE the range/freedom. Clear plastic may not look the best(I don't mind it at all) but I see at a glance where the fuel is at.

Fat bears = slower/ less motivated/ less cranky

images.jpg

and not as hungry for biker dudes.............:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Yeah for sure , but I want those lakes as well :-)

They are nice for sure. A fishermans paradice. Me i just like to sit and take in the stillness and beauty of it all. Great theropy for busyness of life.