swade730

DRZ pics with the best background landscape

6,139 posts in this topic

Nice, that a lot of snow to go through. Keepign with the snow theme, this was us on a group street ride when we got to high into the mountains. My DRZ is barley visible though.

yitssnow2.jpg

Ok that's hard to top, but I'll try to stay on the subjet with this one of the Canadian rockies and foothills ... DRZ's go anywhere!

DSCF0117.jpg

That is badass! Great picture!!!:thumbsup::):ride:

4 people like this

Nah, this is the other side.

drzkenda2.jpg

Yes, the results of a good party... but the 'chick' is a lot uglier... and packing.

Regalman if I am ever out your way I want to party with you guys!! Guns, beer, and motorcycles!

Not much, but here's some I like:

This is on the TAT in AR DSC04011-1.jpg

This is my local riding area DSC04223.jpg

5 people like this

Not much, but here's some I like:

This is on the TAT in AR DSC04011-1.jpg

This is my local riding area DSC04223.jpg

Your DR-Z must be afraid of heights. It turned GREEN from being nauseous!!! LOL:busted: J/K Cool pix guys... Yes, Mine are taken with my cell. 05-20-07_1123.jpg05-20-07_1225.jpg

:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

l can't post piccies coz l ain't payin' TT for the privelage!

Mick the tight fisted English git.

OK,here's some l found,& sorry about the cruiser,but it's gone to a good home now in Utah!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mickmoores/album/576460762394711439

Ummmm yea u can post pics on the forum,,

Read this...http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4193482&postcount=1

1 person likes this

Alright guys!

You knew it was coming:p

_OPS0033.jpg

_OPS0023.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

My bike really gets around:thumbsup: :thumbsup::)

3 people like this

my DRZ is behind the KTM, in CO around Vail

DSCN0375.jpg

Boy!Does that scenery look nice!........Nice & fresh!.........Fresh,l remember fresh.........fresh doesn't exist in this feckin' desert here around 'Vegas......tho' l must admit,Mt Charleston(8-11,000ft)isn't too bad.

Mick.

Sorry if you've seen any of these pics before, I know we all get tired of photos of Moab.

Bro.jpg

Determination Towers

GrnRvr1.jpg

The Green River, White Rim Trail in Canyonlands Nat'l Park

cynlands.jpg

Zues & Moses area of Canyonlands Park

1 person likes this

Thanks for the comments, a couple of pics from the same trip to Colorado, one from a area at about 10500 feet in elevation that I took from the DRZ and one from some street riding with my wife's FZ6. It was interesting how different the terrain was from area to area, A lot of the street riding and some of the dualsport riding was not what you would expect for being in CO in the rockies, green, forrested, etc, but was very desert like. There were times I could have sworn I was back in southern California.

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

Bearwallerbutte.jpg

Mt Bachelor in the back, on the way to the radio towers in central Oregon

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Preston C.
      Hello,
      For this summer, I was looking for a project. As a desert/trial, and occasionally single track rider from Southern California, any time of the year works for a build like this.
      I grew up riding two-stroke and after a couple years on four strokes, I want to return to the enduro king. However, KTM and Husky sell their bikes for quite a high price tag.
      So, I have decided I want to take an older two stroke motocross bike i.e. cr250, yz250, etc., and make it the ultimate desert bike for significantly less than a new KTM.
      I am not loyal to one brand, but I have always loved Honda and spent a grand a month ago on all new gear with Honda's name plastered all over it. 
      I know all the mods I want to do the bikes to make them enduro/desert ready: heavy flywheel, 18 inch rear wheel, new exhaust, steering stabilizer, etc.
      What I need help in is I don't know what bikes I can install a wide ratio transmission in. I know yz250 can take a 400 or 426 transmission, but can any other brand?
      I would like to see a cr250 with the gears of a 450x rippin through the desert. I like the steel frame for off road use, and I just need some advice on the best bike for this conversion.
      Thanks
    • By ShredderX
      I recently got an old SP 250 on the cheap and got it running.  However now that I've made some progress I'm looking for some/any information on the bike.  When I got it running it had a light tick, so I adjusted the valves .003 intake and .006 exhaust and the tick is even louder I can't find a manual for the SP and I'm even having trouble finding one for the same year DR 250 which has the same engine.  Somewhere in the past someone got creative with the wiring, no idea why and none of the lights work (this is a bike with 6v system) though I had to remove the battery that was in it because someone had used a metal bolt as a plug on the battery - you can imagine what that looked like.  Anyway the way the bike was wired back up, I have to have the key and kill switch set to off.... its kind of funny.  But I'm having a bit of a challenge tracing the wiring without a schematic or unwinding the harness.  Any help or guidance at all would be appreciated.  
      Beliw is a link to a YouTube video of the bike running.
      1982 SP 250 alive!

• By GVDRZ400SM
      What's up guys , I recently moved to Florida from PA . I have a drz400sm , mrd pipe , k&n jntake , 3x3 , and the fcr39mx ,jetting for the fcr is 
      emn 3rd clip , 155 main , 100paj , and pilot jet is either 45 or 42, I can't remember with the r&d fuel screw . 
      Wanted to know if there was anyone with a drz400sm with the fcr39mx , that's in Florida or similar weather , sea level/ hot and humid . 
      If so what's your jetting specs ? 
      Pretty much what's the jetting specs for fcr39mx sealevel , hot and humid weather 
    • By AzThumperRider
      For your riding pleasure her is a great old really fun hard to find with these mods. 1987 Husqvarna WR430 2 stroke that has been modified by a company that was in operation in Arizona a few years back. They where the top of the heap Husky guys from what I'm told.It now has Susuki Inverted forks,revalved for 190-200lbs rider,same for the Olins rear shock.A better I feel look and Moto-X look.  The bike was a eyesore when I got it. Since then I have returned it to a fun,blast from the past that is ready for its next life. It had been parked in the "original" owners back yard for a few years. In that time the Arizona sun had done it share of cooking some of the plastics. It took a bit of looking but I found some OEM radiator shrouds.They were far from looking as good as they do now,but some effort and elbow grease got them looking pretty nice,from old brown ones. It didn't run and the owner couldn't remember if it ran or not. He said it did when he parked it,because his friend crashed on his own bike breaking a few bones. So he thought he should pack it in himself. 
      Well after getting it home and doing all the cleaning carbs,gear oil changes,lubing the top and bottom end,etc. I was ready to give it a kick to get it going. I had checked compression before I purchased it and it lived up to its big bore pressure. So I dawned my riding boot Left side only and gave it a few kicks to check for spark,Nothing!Hmmm more on this story if you're interested.
      But for now It's all ready to go. 
      New grips,rear brakes,chain,stickers,oils,front tire(Dunlap),seat cover,cr430 SEM ignition/coil,brake fluid.
      I'd like to see if anyone has any offers on the bike I feel it's worth more than market value???? It's rare,very powerful,a great draw at the races,and just a fun ride pretty much anywhere I go. 
      I will put up fresh pics with new seat and cosmetics soon.
    • By dirtrider192
      First off Just want to say I am new to the forum and this is my first write up, so we will see how this goes. After owning my DRZ for a short while I found that the stock headlight was lacking, and decided to do something about it. There are plenty of companies out there that sell led lights like baja designs, or trail tech, but they are quite expensive. Another alternative was to buy just a hid, or led bulb to replace the stock one, but I wanted to try do something different so I decided to make my own set up. Started out by removing the stock headlight and mounts, then taking  piece of 2" schedule 40 pipe cutting it in half and building off of that. 
      Once I had the pieces of pipe secured to the forks with hose clamps, I used 1/2 steel rod and bent it around an old bearing race to create the hoop that would houses the lights. After that used some more 1/2 rod to fix it in relation to the forks.
      Once I had everything tacked where i wanted it, removed from the bike and fully welded it.
      After finishing that up, put it back on the bike the next day, to add a spot for the lights to mount, made it out of cardboard first to check the fit then cut the metal out.  Then tacked it, removed it, and welded it up.
      Test fitted the lights and drilled the holes for them. Got the lights off of amazon, the two cube lights are 20 watts each in a spot beam configuration, and the bar on the bottom is a 30 watt flood beam. The cubes were $50 for both and they seem like good quality, and the bar was $30. They will definitely be an improvement the over stock light.
      Had to make a harness to connect all of them, and I wanted to have it so that when the high beam was turned on the low beam remained on as well. Ended up using a diode to prevent backfeeding of the high beam circuit while the low beam was on.  

After making sure the lights all worked like I wanted them to, took the mount to work sandblasted it and put some paint and primer on it. And began to work on the front cover. Decided to make it out of fiberglass, then cut out holes for the lights. Cut out a piece of cardboard first to see what id need before I cut out the fiberglass.
      After cutting out the circular part, mounted it up with the lights in and traced them to get an outline of where I would need to cut (I forgot to get pictures of this but feel its pretty straight through). Threw some paint on the fiberglass cover, and mounted it all up on the bike. Been raining like crazy lately and haven't had the chance to get some decent pictures of how bright it is, to go with the before pictures with the stock headlights.
      Im sure it will have some improvements yet to come like making a cover over the back of the lights but for now pretty satisfied with how bright it is, and how it looks.