07 wr450 airfilter

hi guys,

what are you running for aftermarket filters?????? do they make big difference over standard??? seen lots of claims 3hp gain etc etc but this seems quite a lot to me.

any help would be grately appreciated

thanks

kenny:thumbsup:

I'm a fan of the No-Toil system myself.

I have a TwinAir filter on the stock cage. I like the TwinAir because I think it's easier to clean, a little smaller than the stock filter so it creates more room in the airbox, and it probably flows a little better.

I'll probably go ahead and get the Twinair cage to replace the stock cage which is pretty restrictive comparatively.

-Jay

I have a 07WR450, & I use the Twin Air Cage set-up.

Works real good...pic

Picture1201.jpg

I have a 07WR450, & I use the Twin Air Cage set-up.

Works real good...pic

Picture1201.jpg

Hi mcflzwr450f.

Do you use the stock replacement filter from Twinair with their cage or is there another filter you use?

Thanks!

-Jay

Hi mcflzwr450f.

Do you use the stock replacement filter from Twinair with their cage or is there another filter you use?

Thanks!

-Jay

Hi Jay,

Yes, it is a set just like in the pic, I paid around a $100 for it & the cage is billet (pricey but very nice). I was told to use ONLY the twin air filter due to 4-strokes back firing and catching the air cleaner on fire!!! I was told the inner part of the twin air filter is fire retardant? I hope soo, my twin air filter is the same size as stock.

Marty. :thumbsup:

Hi Jay,

Yes, it is a set just like in the pic, I paid around a $100 for it & the cage is billet (pricey but very nice). I was told to use ONLY the twin air filter due to 4-strokes back firing and catching the air cleaner on fire!!! I was told the inner part of the twin air filter is fire retardant? I hope soo, my twin air filter is the same size as stock.

Marty. :thumbsup:

I asked because I believe there is a different airfilter...the Powerflow Filter...for use with the kit (has a special fire resistant inner lining)and then there is the Twinair Standard for use with the stock backfire screen.

The kits looks trick.

Thanks!

-Jay

I'm a fan of the No-Toil system myself.

I dont know about the No-Toil system. Dont get me wrong, I only use No-Toils's cleaner and oil and they rock! But the filter seems too cheap to me. If I am going on a trip I will bring a filter for each day. I start out with the factory one, then I use the UNI one I bought, then lastly I'll use the No-Toil. I never feel comfortable when using it though, something about a $10 filter on my $7000 bike scares me.................................. bahhh :thumbsup: