HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumpmeister

Bar Risers!

6 posts in this topic

Like I said in that other thread, I got tired of not finding mounts that would work, or were too small, or too expensive. So, I put my machining skills to work, and built myself a couple of mounts. I already had the protaper mounts, and stacked them on top of that. So, I probably have over a 2" rise, and .75" forward. Heres some pics...

BarRisers001.jpg

BarRisers002.jpg

BarRisers003.jpg

BarRisers004.jpg

BarRisers005.jpg

looks good but i was wondering about the bolts you used becasue it seems to me that all the weight and stress of the bars are going to be handled by only the bolts that attach to the stock clamps?

Mine are similar except they have a piece that goes in and fills up the hole where the old bars used to be.

barrisers.jpg

mine also move foward more. Instead of putting the bolt under the bar, my first bolt that goes in the hole closest to the rider is back and the bolt hole that is on the first clamp on the top location goes all the way through to the stock triple

Mine are similar except they have a piece that goes in and fills up the hole where the old bars used to be.

barrisers.jpg

mine also move foward more. Instead of putting the bolt under the bar, my first bolt that goes in the hole closest to the rider is back and the bolt hole that is on the first clamp on the top location goes all the way through to the stock triple

Mine to, they fill up the holes and I think it would make them more ridgid. Nice job though.

Mine to, they fill up the holes and I think it would make them more ridgid. Nice job though.

Yeah i really like them, bought 'em through thumper racing, they don't show it in the catolog but if you contact them and tell them what you want they can get you them. my dad and i both have them

Well, I went for a ride today...

It took a little getting used to, but its SOO much more comfortable! I feel like I don't have to be bending over the bike all the time now. And they seem pretty rigid to me so far. I haven't had any reason to think that they aren't rigid.

As far as handling is concerned, I feel like I'm soo much smoother with the mounts, because I'm in more of an upright and aggressive position, instead of being all bent over.