HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shifty450

I did something dum. Thoughts?

3 posts in this topic

I just wanna know if any of you think I may have caused myself a future problem. Hopefully you guys will be more helpful than the last time I asked a question. Anywho...

I was checking my valve clearances on my '06 this weekend for the first time. They were spot on! Woohoo!!! Anyway, when I was wrenching to get all the punch marks to line up, I went a smidgen too far. So, being lazy, I just did a quick clockwise turn instead of going all the way around again. Does anyone think this could lead to some problems when I take it out riding next? I started it up after I got everything back together and everything seemed hunky dory. Should I have cause for alarm? Thanks.

No problem. Especially if its only a few degrees, don't worry about it. Have you ever had starter kickback while trying to kickstart the engine? The crankshaft actually moves quite a few degrees backwards when this happens.

Alright, thanks. I didn't think so but wanted some confirmation. Muchass graciass.