HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhmotard

WR450 Street Legal?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the 06's or 07's are street legal????

Looking to get one soon but if not...i'll have to save more for a Katoom.....

Not street legal out of the box. Go to East Toledo Honda /Yamaha and buy a new 07 WR450F for $5939.00 plus tax and buy the the kit from ebay for $140.00 and you are legal in Michigan.

Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230137983223&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=230118158146&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Not street legal out of the box. Go to East Toledo Honda /Yamaha and buy a new 07 WR450F for $5939.00 plus tax and buy the the kit from ebay for $140.00 and you are legal in Michigan.

Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230137983223&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=230118158146&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

what i really meant to ask is if the title would say "For Off-road Use Only" or not...

The bike and title are not street legal from the dealer.

1. Do the mods ($140.00)

2. Have local Police Department inspect the bike and complete the DOT form.

3. Replace factory tires with DOT approved tires ($130.00) (Michelin AC-10s or others, there is a thread under the Dual Sport tab)

4. Take the signed DOT form to the Secretary of State

The Secretary of State will issue you a new title and license plate for street use. Your new title will no longer read "For off road use only".

I apologize for not knowing how to add attachments but would be happy to send you a copy of the DOT form if you PM me.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

DS