HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearb0x

Trailtech Vapor Install on a 1998 Yamaha WR400 problems

3 posts in this topic

G'day,

I'm just finishing the Vapor install on my 98 wr400, I'm having some troubles with the tach when the unit is powered from the bike.

I have both grounds comming back to the coil mount, the tach wire connected to the splade connector on the coil and the power coming off the headlight

Currently if i leave the power lines disconnected, it works perfectly. But as soon as I hook up the Unit power, the RPM roughly doubles and becomes a lot more jumpy where as before hooking up power it was steady.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Phill

Try grounding the wires somewhere else, I done mine on the speedo bracket, its probably too close to the coil so messing up the reading.

Trev,

speedo bracket? will that ground good?

I also tried running the power wires directly into the head light plug, red for power black for ground. Still the same problems

Phill