HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djsyz

'02 YZ426 Carb jetting at altitude help

6 posts in this topic

I'm living in CO @9000ft. I mostly ride between 8000 and 11,000ft. I have tried a little bit of all combinations of jetting. I just got my bike back from the shop and it was set up with a 45pilot; 3rd clip;180 main. I'm taking for a ride later but it seems to me thats extremely rich ,especially for summer in the Rockies. Whats working for you ?

I'm living in CO @9000ft. I mostly ride between 8000 and 11,000ft. I have tried a little bit of all combinations of jetting. I just got my bike back from the shop and it was set up with a 45pilot; 3rd clip;180 main. I'm taking for a ride later but it seems to me thats extremely rich ,especially for summer in the Rockies. Whats working for you ?
Holy Crap! A 180?

Let's say that that setup is at variance with what most others are doing:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1995584#post1995584

wow thats close to what im running at around sea level....you need to jet leaner...in higher altitudes oxygen concentration is less and the air is less dense to essentially you are getting less air in the bike...so you jet leaner

a 48 pilot is also way too big at that altitude. He should be using a 38-42. Refer to the users in the thread I linked to who are running above 6000.

Have tried the 38 to 42 pilot, misses at low constant throatle.

Experiment around these jet size and find what works for you.

After all jets are cheap and they don't take long to change.