HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbehunin

Lights for a 07 YZ 450 F....

6 posts in this topic

I am interested in putting lights on my 07 YZ450F. I have talked to a bunch of different people about lighting coils, stators and all kinds of stuff, and I keep getting the same answer, and that is, no one makes a kit for that bike yet.....

I have talked to the yamaha dealership, and they said that the 07 WR450 stator would fit, but I had to use the wr's side case and flywheel.

has anyone out there tried this?

does anyone know where I might find a lighting stator for my bike?

I just talked to a guy here in Utah, and he stated that Electrex made one, but I cannot find it...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks....Jason

I made my own total loss system using standard off road lights and a set of Nicads from an RC car. Works for a day without recharge. Total weight of complete street legal kit was 5-7 lbs!

-scooter

2004 YZ450

I appreciate the info, I have looked into some aftermarket lights, you know the lights that clamp onto the bars, but in the end, I think I want a stator, because my buddies ride from thier houses up to the trails. I may need to get a dual sport kit.....

thanks swatdoc!! there was a ton of usefull info there. I apologize, but I am new at this board, and do not know how to do a search.......