XR650L Tank....4.0 IMS or 4.7 Clark?

i got it at wal-mart,like 20 bucks. its not too bad,lots of space but its not waterproof.its actually for an atv.i keep stuff like sunglasses flahlight,rainsuit,batteries for gps,until i put a12v hookup on it,things that dont matter if they get wet.

i got it at wal-mart,like 20 bucks. its not too bad,lots of space but its not waterproof.its actually for an atv.i keep stuff like sunglasses flahlight,rainsuit,batteries for gps,until i put a12v hookup on it,things that dont matter if they get wet.
Hey brightman, go to Acadamy or the hardware store and get some spray on water repellent. You can use it on shoes, backpacks,etc.... and the water will bead off. I use Scotch Gard brand but theres many brands out there.

R.....

does anyone know how much reserve is with this tank? the stock is .8gallon reserve. i think it is the same because i use the stock petock but im not sure.

does anyone know how much reserve is with this tank? the stock is .8gallon reserve. i think it is the same because i use the stock petock but im not sure.
I would like to know this myself. When its convenient I will strap a 1gal. gas tank to the rack and let it go dry on reserve to find out. My last reading on the set meter was 113mi. before reserve with a 4.0 IMS.
I would like to know this myself. When its convenient I will strap a 1gal. gas tank to the rack and let it go dry on reserve to find out. My last reading on the set meter was 113mi. before reserve with a 4.0 IMS.

let me know when you do it. thanks