E start on a YZ450

This might be a dumb question, so feel free to mock. Is it possible to put an e start on a YZ450? If so does any company make a kit? Or what parts would I need. I know I should have got the WR, but I didn't so any help would be appreciated.

Depends on the year.

On the '06 and up, it's almost feasible. But in addition to the starter and battery, etc., you will need the '07 WR450 ingition cover, stator, flywheel, starter drive, and crankshaft (yes, crankshaft). You might have to do a little machine work to finish up the mounting points on the crankcases.

On the earlier ones, you have to add crankcases to that list. And on all but the '03 YZ450, you'd need a WR clutch cable and release arm. Shouldn't be much more than $1800.

Or, as Barbara Bush once said, "Just say No."

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it was going to be a pain in the ars.

Putting an electric start on your bike will be a bigger pain than just kickin it over! The only time I have to kick it more than 5 times is when it has sat a while or its really cold!

How hard is it to just kick it one time?

Hell, I even have the manual decomp. and its not even an issue for me.

How hard is it to just kick it one time?

Hell, I even have the manual decomp. and its not even an issue for me.

agreed, yamaha is code for first kick every kick, my old 400 was easyer to start than my 04.....my uncles rides a honda, now theres a bike even i would want a lecy start on....

I hate to admit it but one of the reasons I bought YZ rather than CRF is because I found it much easier to start the YZ in the showroom than the CRF..

When warm, use the hot start and it is even easier...

if u dont like kicking it buy a wr 450

motorcross bikes are made to be kicked over sso dont be slack