Homemade rear cargo rack for xr650r

This link will show pics of a rear cargo rack that i just fabbed for my brp. The pics are not the best. This rack is pretty easy to make so if you want better pics for fab ideas pm me and i will post them.

Billhttp://bw-brp.spaces.live.com/

• Like 1

The guys in my riding group have been discussing this ... More photos? Schematics? Other info available? Looks good!!

No schematics or anything. One of those things that I just threw together because I needed it. I will post some better pics as well as how I made it.

I really didn't think there would be this much interest. I've had several pm's regarding the rack. Glad you all liked it.

XR650RBill, I built one this weekend. Its not as pretty as yours b/c my welding skills need much to be desired and if I took the bent parts for a buddy to weld I wouldn't have had the bike there to line them up right! Oh well I tried to grind it down to make the welds look better.

Thank you for the ideas and I appreciate you sharing your photos for everyone to use. I did tweak it a little adding a mount on the rear seat bolts. for me its working great But the only thing I may change is how it mounts to the seat, I would weld some tubing so the contact placement on the extended bolt is more distributed from the base to the end and not putting tension on the end alone like I have it now with spacers. But it'd be an easy fix. Just a matter of getting some tubing and tacking it to those supports!

I always want things to be professional looking even though a professional didn't make it. But I guess I can be realistic for now. Heck it cost me $29 in steel rod, from the hardware store.

Check out my pics here at http://picasaweb.google.com/Raisedinal/XR650RRack

Thank you for the inspiration!

JT

XR650RBill, I built one this weekend. Its not as pretty as yours b/c my welding skills need much to be desired and if I took the bent parts for a buddy to weld I wouldn't have had the bike there to line them up right! Oh well I tried to grind it down to make the welds look better.

Thank you for the ideas and I appreciate you sharing your photos for everyone to use. I did tweak it a little adding a mount on the rear seat bolts. for me its working great But the only thing I may change is how it mounts to the seat, I would weld some tubing so the contact placement on the extended bolt is more distributed from the base to the end and not putting tension on the end alone like I have it now with spacers. But it'd be an easy fix. Just a matter of getting some tubing and tacking it to those supports!

I always want things to be professional looking even though a professional didn't make it. But I guess I can be realistic for now. Heck it cost me $29 in steel rod, from the hardware store.

Check out my pics here at http://picasaweb.google.com/Raisedinal/XR650RRack

Thank you for the inspiration!

JT

Nice job. Looks like your in business. I love mine, I picked up a really cool bag that fits really nice at Sportsmans warehouse for $29.00.

Good job.

Bill