HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gabriel

Xr 650l High Compression Piston

5 posts in this topic

Hello all and thanks in advance!

Tomorrow i will recieve my high compression piston kit and will attempt to install it myself. Any tips or things to watch out for? Another question, does anyone have a copy of the service manual for that thing in .pdf? I subsscribed to a website that offeres one, but there isn't much detail.

Thanks again!

Hello all and thanks in advance!

Tomorrow i will recieve my high compression piston kit and will attempt to install it myself. Any tips or things to watch out for? Another question, does anyone have a copy of the service manual for that thing in .pdf? I subsscribed to a website that offeres one, but there isn't much detail.

Thanks again!

havent done mine yet, just curious what you got. brand, compression. im assuming its stock bore since you said nothing about boring or a sleeve.

i got it from xr's only and its the 10:1...the bike is brand new so it's stock size. 100mm? how hard is it to get the timing back on? I've redone the top end on a 2 stroke but never a four stroke.