1998 yz400f fuel tank

I have tried to plug two hairline cracks in the bottom of my tank twice and failed. I also had to replace a leaky petcock recently. The petcock leak is resolved (new gasket and O ring), however the cracks causing the leak is not. With a nearly ten year old bike I'm ready to just buy a new stock tank. I need some help with who still offers them and what is the best deal. The stock part number is 5BE-24110-10-00. When I tried the Mach 1 parts finder site, it said the part no.# was replaced with a different number and the cost was $300.00 not including shipping:eek: Any help would be appreciated.

Check Out the Thumpertalk store, because $300.00 is a lot for a stock tank.

Clarke manufacturing has one for $180.00 which is much better than $300.00.

The tank is pictured as yellow. I'm not sure if they have it in blue. I'm still looking though. Anyone else? My bad, they actually do have it in blue. The tt store wants $244.00 for one so I'm looking at Clarke unless someone out there knows a better deal.

Clarke does offer the replica stock YZ426 tank (which should fit) in blue, yellow, black, and "natural", as far as I know.

Clarke does offer the replica stock YZ426 tank (which should fit) in blue, yellow, black, and "natural", as far as I know.

I bought a Clarke tank for my 2000 426 in the summer of 2005. My orginal tank cracked also. The clarke is a good tank and fit was perfect. I don't know if it will fit a 400 or not. The clarke was the best price I could find. I got mine off of ebay.