HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bodhisattva

Whats my 650L worth???

15 posts in this topic

I may need to sell my baby, not by choice, but anyway...

What is an 06 XR650L with only 896 miles on it worth, bone stock. like new condition?

Thanks.

KBB, etc. may be of some value, but the bottom line is that it depends upon the market in your area. Granted, this sounds obvious, but what are your dealers letting them go for? $5000 OTD? $6500 OTD? As a prospective buyer, what is your best deal in your area---use that, and price it accordingly.

Bikes are usually expensive in Mn, So that should be good for resale.

I will look into it, thanks.

count your blessings if you can get 3k for it. No matter what you have put on it or how you have modded it.

I think you will have to sit on it for awhile, they don't seem to sell that well.

Maybe I'm wrong but people will buy a new one if the used one is close to the price of a new one.

count your blessings if you can get 3k for it. No matter what you have put on it or how you have modded it.

LOL. thats funny.

My local North Carolina dealer just sold a '06 with 400 miles on it for $4500 OTD.

LOL. thats funny.

That is not funny, I agree with him a little. I would guess around $3,500 if you really want to sell it. I bought a used one with all the mods I wanted for 2700 in great shape. Try and put it on e-bay with a reserve and see what happens...

Mods do not really mean anything to most people, It has been my experiance, personal and otherwise, that id rather have a 100% stock bike (or car).

I may not have to sell, but if kbb is 4600, I dont see any reason I would not get that.

Most new ones are 6500-7000 otd in mn.

NADA has always been more reliable from what ive heard, and im quessing KBB will tell you a higher price than NADA

well I only gave 3200 for my L and it had 900 miles on it. Like new.

Mods do not really mean anything to most people, It has been my experiance, personal and otherwise, that id rather have a 100% stock bike (or car).

I may not have to sell, but if kbb is 4600, I dont see any reason I would not get that.

Most new ones are 6500-7000 otd in mn.

I'd aim for $5500 and see what happens.

Also, when is Honda discontinuing the L? 'L' is for 'loveable', lol, and folks will be searching for newish or well kept L's once they are no longer made.

If all you can get for it now is $3500 with it being so unused and all, I'd hang on to it since you can probably get quite a bit more down the line, AND get to use it in the meantime. If this is the case, look at it as a stock or a mutual fund, lol. :thumbsup: