Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris_wr426

426 jolts at speed

6 posts in this topic

when riding my bike in top gear doing about 100km/h and i give it full throttle it will jolt as if the clutch has been opened for a fraction of a second. Its very unpredictable, however it doesnt affect my type of riding to much so i was wondering if anyone knows what would be causing this and if i should be worried? Its a totally different thing to the surging when sitting on quarter throttle.

when riding my bike in top gear doing about 100km/h and i give it full throttle it will jolt as if the clutch has been opened for a fraction of a second. Its very unpredictable, however it doesnt affect my type of riding to much so i was wondering if anyone knows what would be causing this and if i should be worried? Its a totally different thing to the surging when sitting on quarter throttle.

Isn't that what you would expect when opening the throttle wide open?

A jolt of power.

yeh i should have worded it better.. its not an instant jolt when i give it full throttle, when im on full throttle and getting up over 100km it will jolt

When i open my 426 all the way up in 5th it jumps forward and then accelerates smoothly but that is because my clutch is bad. But its normal feeling to me.

Are you sure its not jumping in and out of gear? My buddies top gear dogs were worn and it would jump around in top.