426 starting problem

hi there im having some right trouble starting my yzf:mad: i was out on it the other week and it was fine when i came to go out on it again the following week it wouldnt start. i bought a new plug and it started second kick:applause: . i was out on it for about 3 hours with no problems. a week has passed and it was time to get it out again but she just wont start:foul: .. ive been kicking and kicking for about an hour she's banging and farting but she wont start????. could it be a dodgie plug??

Could be a bunch of things but my guess is the jetting and/or fuel just isn't dialed. Those bikes sure like a brand new plug though as any time you put one there almost guaranteed to start on the first or second kick!

What were the temps when you put the new plug in?

What were the temps when you tried to start it last and it wouldn't go?

What's your starting routine? (pull the choke, no throttle, kick it to TDC, then pull the compression release and nudge it past TDC, return the kicker to the top, then kick it like you mean it?)

hi there the temps when i put the plug in were just .....well just say it was a nice day.

when i came to start the bike it was again just a nice warm day

and my starting routine is just how you said. pull the choke, no throttle, kick it to TDC, then pull the compression release and nudge it past TDC, return the kicker to the top, then kick it like you mean it

If you replace the plug and it fires right up, then like skthom2320 had mention you will need to rejet.

How many turns out is your fuel screw?

What does the plug look like when you pull it out. If it is all black or wet, you are way rich. Move the needle clip up one notch to #3 - this will lean out your jetting from 1/8 to 3/4 throttle. The plug should look light brown to tan

bad gas and or plugged up pilot circuit maybe... has happend to me before from letting my bike sit. as a matter of fact i gotta pull my carb apart and give it another spring cleaning :thumbsup:

Mine would sometimes foul a plug right after putting a fresh filter in. I had to make sure I got the bike completely warm the first time I started it after putting in a new filter.

How old is your topend. If you are starting to get some blow by, that extra oil might foul it as well.