HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pd10913

More XR600 jetting questions!

9 posts in this topic

98' XR600 - Have just installed an FMF Powercore 4 pipe, removed snorkel and ground header welds and as the beast still had stock jetting I started with a 155/68 setup and the bike was wicked, heaps of power but didn't respond quickly when I let off the throttle, also as it ran best with the fuel screw all the way in (I only ran it like this for about 5 mins) I figured it was too lean.

I then tried the same mj with a 65 pilot and it didn't run nearly as good and coughed and farted a fair bit more. I carried out both the adjustments correctly I believe so my question is, should I try the 68pj again with a 158mj or somethin similar. Jetting is not my specialty and I just want to get it right.

Any suggestions PLEASE??

My XR600s ran best with a 160-162 main and a 62-65 pilot. Elevation here is 500-800 ft.

You will need at least a 158, if not the 160/162 that Creeky recommended. I don't have an aggressive exhaust and I run 158/68 at lower altitudes.

You cant jet the lack of response out unfort. The stock XR600 carb is a pos.

Fit an FCRMX for respondo power

Thanks for the advice, I'll pick up a 158 & 160 and see how we go from there.

See my signature for specs-Currently running 158 main, and 68S pilot with full Big Gun Evo exhaust. The bike runs very well. The only thing I have yet to try is stepping up to a 160 MJ. Currently the 158 is fine, but until I try the 160, I don't know if it is the BEST or not.

The 3rd I believe. Whatever it is stock, that is the setting it is still at. I have not tried changing the clip position yet but might be willing to give it a shot if there is additional power hiding there.