throttle problems???

Reciently the throttle stuck wide open on my 07 450. This is not a good experience during a race and caused a broken foot. But after looking at the carb and throtle cable I could not see any problems. Has this happened to any one else.

Other thn this this is te best bike I have ever owned.

Reciently the throttle stuck wide open on my 07 450. This is not a good experience during a race and caused a broken foot. But after looking at the carb and throtle cable I could not see any problems. Has this happened to any one else.

Other thn this this is te best bike I have ever owned.

I have noticed.........When you put new grips on or loosen the two screws on the throttle houseing when you are taking the houseing off to lube the cables inside that if you push the throttle tube or sleeve (if you will) to far on the handle bar the end of the grip will touch the handle bar and cause the throttle not to return back.>>>>>>You might want to check to see if the throttle tube is not pushed to far on the bar to where the grip end is touching the bar:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

My throttle stuck wide open on my low hours 2006 YZ450. Then when I pulled off, the throttle was closed, and would not open. I worked on it at the track. I took the throttle apart, and the throttle was still stuck, the problem was in the carb. I was in the process of removing the slide (what a pain) and suddenly everything freed up. I don't know what the cause was. I have ridden since 3 times w/no problem. Sorry I'm not much help. It may have been dirt inside. The slide has a linkage, it's fairly complex compared to what I'm used to. If you hear anything I'd like to hear what you learn.