chain question????

will i need a spacer if i run the did x-ring on 07 yz 450. if so how do i install spacer??

Not necessary.

will i need a spacer if i run the did x-ring on 07 yz 450. if so how do i install spacer??

keep a close eye on the M/L "U" clip, the wider O/X chains tend to allow the rear chain buffer to wear the clip down to the point where the clip can get so thin it pops off the link, and you've got a thrown chain, possibly a snapped case...

keep a close eye on the M/L "U" clip, the wider O/X chains tend to allow the rear chain buffer to wear the clip down to the point where the clip can get so thin it pops off the link, and you've got a thrown chain, possibly a snapped case...

I noticed the ML clip on my 426 has some wear ..this is normal with O ring chains?

It's pretty normal with any chain, really. On Regina chains, as an example, The premium RX3 non-sealed chain uses 18.1 mm pins, while their ORN6 O-ring chain uses 20.4 mm pins. That makes the chain all of .092" wider, and only .046" per side.

But just because they all do it doesn't mean it can't eventually cause a problem.

keep your eyes on every M/L U Clip, on all chains. This wears relatively fast and I change them out several times per chain lifespan....I have tried it the wrong way and these will break after a while sending you on your head with a thrown chain.....and possible broken cases. When they get very sharp on the outer edges swap them for new....:)