07' yz450 good price?

Planning on getting a new 07' yz450 in about a month and wondering what kind of deals eveybody is getting out the door. The tt store after delivery is approx 6500 and here in the valley the best I've seen is 6300. Its becoming off season here and I was going to try to get one for around 6000 but not sure if that is realistic or not.

I picked up my 06 last year at this time. I payed $6,300 OTD. I would think you could get an 07 for between $6,000 - $6,500 OTD.

tys331 said you can get one for 6,199 at LA yamaha in Marin Del Rey. If that is too far; call your local yamaha dealer and ask them to beat that price. Most of the time, they will at least match the price.?

It's kind of hard to compare OTD prices between different states that have different sales tax rates, freight costs, licensing fees, etc. A guy in Oregon (no sales tax) will have a much lower OTD price that a guy in Washington that has to pay roughly 9% in sales tax.

Does anybody know the price they paid for the bike itself?

I paid $5999 OTD for my 2007 in november. Buy out of state and avoid sales tax. Colorado you do not have to pay sales tax unless you title it. My buddy just picked one up at the same dealership and got it for $5600 OTD.

I am sure many of you are calling BS on that price and i would to but i saw the paperwork and he got it for $5600.

I paid $5999 OTD for my 2007 in november. Buy out of state and avoid sales tax. Colorado you do not have to pay sales tax unless you title it. My buddy just picked one up at the same dealership and got it for $5600 OTD.

I am sure many of you are calling BS on that price and i would to but i saw the paperwork and he got it for $5600.

Dang, what dealer is that?

I bought mine for 6,199 Otd in (Burlingame) S.F. Cali. There is a company in LA that owns many dealerships in the Bay and So Cal (probably the one in Marina Del Rey also) and for whatever reason they can sell bikes for basically their cost. I live in the valley and my local dealer simply could not match it because they "would be taking a lose"

This is more of a question not an answer but is that even legal for yamaha to sell bikes cheaper to one dealership than the other? Seems like it would be awfully easy for someone to move into a booming motorcyle market offer really low prices and then put the other places out of business. I would think there would be some kind of agreement that yamaha would make with local dealers that they will not sell their bikes cheaper to the competition. I have no clue though?

If it works with Yamaha the way it works for GM, the dealers that sell more get rewarded with lower prices on the stock they buy. Usually, that allows them to sell more, which means....

...is that even legal for yamaha to sell bikes cheaper to one dealership than the other? Seems like it would be awfully easy for someone to move into a booming motorcyle market offer really low prices and then put the other places out of business.
That is called free market capitalism.
I would think there would be some kind of agreement that yamaha would make with local dealers that they will not sell their bikes cheaper to the competition.
That is called price fixing.

If in fact they work it like that (and otherwise, how can you explain how one dealer is able to sell out the door for a price below the invoice at another?), every dealer knows what the price structure is, and what has to be done to buy at a lower level. After that, it's a matter of how hard you want to work (and your location) as to what you can sell.

But when you walk into a fairly large dealer that handles 3-4 major product lines and their answer to your request for their best deal is "MSRP plus tax and fees", who's fault is it when you go somewhere else?

Planning on getting a new 07' yz450 in about a month and wondering what kind of deals eveybody is getting out the door. The tt store after delivery is approx 6500 and here in the valley the best I've seen is 6300. Its becoming off season here and I was going to try to get one for around 6000 but not sure if that is realistic or not.

Is the $6300 including tax? I'm considering coming up and getting an '07 to go with my '06 but when I bought my '06 back in January all of the AZ dealers said they couldn't skip the tax even though I'm living out of the country. I think it's because my drivers license is still AZ. Anyway, I had to drive just over the border to Utah to avoid tax but it was worth it.

So it looks like 6300 out the door is a descent price then. Thanks for the feedback.?

Back in December I got my white one for $6512 OTD from Champion Honda in Mesa (looks like you're in the valley here). I'd check them out. I went in there knowing what I wanted to pay because of what I could get it for elsewhere. A friend recommended the place to me and I'd shop there again. Also, another guy was buying the same bike and he paid the same thing I did.