HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andy250

08 Yz450

42 posts in this topic

no mention of EFI...as expected not for 08...thank you Yami for waiting a year to get it right

but this is interesting........maybe a release time in July/Aug timeframe ??????

"Availability: Yamaha hopes to release the YZ250F and YZ450F to the public much earlier this year than in the past."

I'll be interested to see how that muffler works and what the overall noise level is. Not surprised that EFI wasn't included.

no mention of EFI...as expected not for 08...
But, "I saw one at a suspension shop in PA" :) Not.

However:

"Tires: Gone is the Dunlop 739 front tire (replaced by the Dunlop 742FA). The YZ450F’s 756/742 combination is the same as what Honda uses.

Muffler: It’s tiny. Just barely visible behind the side number plate, the 2008 YZ450F muffler is a mechanical system. It is several inches shorter and much lighter than the 2007’s long, straight-thru design."

There's two worthwhile improvements if there ever were any to be made. The new 742FA is excellent.

I'm intrigued by the muffler. Although glasspacks are simpler, we know how effective they are. Flowmaster has for several years been able to produce mufflers that reduce sound very significantly, but also flow air very well. I'm curious as to whether Yamaha has used a similar system. Either way, the Japanese have been racing with that muffler for quite a while now. As much as I always loved the sound of a Goldstar with an open megaphone on it, modern 4-strokes are much louder than the old ones, and this is a good thing.

There are still crated '06's around here, they might become really cheap!

Well our dealerss just dropped the price of a new 450 with 12%.

Ktm also do this everyyear because their bikes come in August maybe Yamaha is thinking the same way.

The photo is of the wrong side to see if its a carb or EFi. I wouldn't rule out either just yet, especially as they have been rinning EFi in Japan for two years now.

It really doesn't look like many changes, new tire, same brake as 250F, and black clutch cover (if that is stock).

I wonder what the 250F will obtain? They already had the updated brakes, hopefully it won't be just a short muffler and new tire, I replace those anyways..

I don't see any overflow hoses coming out of the bottom either.

Erik

You typically won't see overflow hoses in publicity photos. They Photoshop them out.

Wonder if the aftermarket will follow Yamaha 's lead with the new muffler design or if they will stick to the current designs?I like the muffler shorter if they are still able to keep it quiet and make good power.

The photo is of the wrong side to see if its a carb or EFi. I wouldn't rule out either just yet, especially as they have been rinning EFi in Japan for two years now.

The first step is denial...

The photo is of the wrong side to see if its a carb or EFi.
No it isn't. If you download the image and open it with PS, then increase the image size to 3500 x 2090 pixels, it's very obvious that the bike pictured has a float bowl. It's visible right behind the starter, over the exhaust.

I like the black clutch and oil filter covers. Wonder what color the SE will be, assuming they produce an SE that is.

Rumor has it they are going to be magenta!:)

Rumor has it they are going to be magenta!:)

Aaaagh my eyes! That would suck. I'm guessing it would be a VERY limited edition. One pink brand is enough. :ride: