Xr650l Carb Question

I am going through the process of uncorking my 2003 honda xr650L. I removed all the smog attatchments and plugged it with a smog block-off kit. I installed a KN air filter and took out the snorkel. I am thinking about removing the baffle from the tailpipe until i can get a new pipe(does this help?)...I just received my dyno jet kit, and was suprised to find there was no slow jet included, just a 160,165 main, as well as a needle and spring. Im wondering if i need to replace the stock pilot(50) when i install the dyno kit. also would i use a 160 or 165 main jet?(stock is 150)...hmmm anyone know a good place to order jets? any jetting suggestions would be appreciated:)

I am going through the process of uncorking my 2003 honda xr650L. I removed all the smog attatchments and plugged it with a smog block-off kit. I installed a KN air filter and took out the snorkel. I am thinking about removing the baffle from the tailpipe until i can get a new pipe(does this help?)...I just received my dyno jet kit, and was suprised to find there was no slow jet included, just a 160,165 main, as well as a needle and spring. Im wondering if i need to replace the stock pilot(50) when i install the dyno kit. also would i use a 160 or 165 main jet?(stock is 150)...hmmm anyone know a good place to order jets? any jetting suggestions would be appreciated:)

hello , i did the baffle thing to my pig when i still had stock exhaust and it did open it up a little, sounded kind of funny tho. i also did the djet kit when i ran the cv carb, and i used a 55 pilot and the 160 main. i am also at 4450 ft ele. you may need the usual 58 pilot 160 main if you are lower, even the 165 to stay abit rich. mine wouldnt run at wot without bogging using the165 main up here. i use an fcr pumper carb now and even with the price tag, wish i would have done it sooner! best place to get jets is a local shop, they usually have these jets in stock.

thx for the reply, this newbie needs all the info i can get:)

I believe that the taper of the Dynojet needle is such that you don't need a bigger pilot jet. Some have put larger ones in, but they are supposed to be unnecessary.