WR450 tank options?

anyone tell me what tank options are out there for a WR450? I may be buying a 2003, and a friend of mine has a 2007 (different frame,etc). Only one I found online was the Acerbis 6.x? something, would like more like 3 1/2 or 4 or 5 possibly. Didnt see one on the IMS or clark webpages, any others?

There's only one available for an '07 WR450.

And it's actually listed for an '06 YZ450 by IMS.

It will fit the '07 WR450, but you will have to buy YZ shrouds.

As far as the '03, there are several tanks available for that.

IMS, Clarke, etc.

He didn't say what stock was but you're totally right. I got my bikes mixed up. My YZ has a 1.8 gal tank. My stock 04 WR has a 2.9 gal tank so even the 3.4 gal would only buy you an extra 20 mi. My mistake:excuseme: Although he did say he was looking for a 3 1/2 gal in the post.

He didn't say what stock was but you're totally right. I got my bikes mixed up. My YZ has a 1.8 gal tank. My stock 04 WR has a 2.9 gal tank so even the 3.4 gal would only buy you an extra 20 mi. My mistake:excuseme: Although he did say he was looking for a 3 1/2 gal in the post.

stock 04 wr is 2.6:thumbsup:

hi mate thats about 3.5 uk gallons dont know how many us gallons the price was £250 including delivery i do have some pics but dont know how to put them on here ,if you send me your email address i will email you some, it came from core racing imports there is some pics on ther website and you can get it in clear if you like so you can see how much fuel you have left

that looks like a 6 gal. bad boy.i have a 3.3 acerbis on my 04 wr450,i really liked the stock 2.8,but need a little more range.the acerbis fits good and yes you need the yz shrouds,locktite all the screws including the petcocks,get some automotive fuel line and brass "t'' then go on that 100 mi. ride. just my 2$?

Just a thought 'but I use an IMS 3.4 on a 2003 WR 450 that I ride on alot of woods single track.The tank has good fit'plenty of capacity,and works with my Unabiker rad guards,but at times is a little wide when gripping with the knees.

• 3 weeks later...
This looks like alot bigger then 3.5? anyone know how many us gallons this thing is?

wr_26.jpg

The big tank is 6.8 gallons, you can see my write up on it in the current issue (July 2007) of Dirt Rider on page 151.

It is an Aqualine tank, distributed in the states by Sport Touring Accessories, a very helpful bunch of folks.

Great tank, more versatile than you would think.

The big tank is 6.8 gallons, you can see my write up on it in the current issue (July 2007) of Dirt Rider on page 151.

It is an Aqualine tank, distributed in the states by Sport Touring Accessories, a very helpful bunch of folks.

Great tank, more versatile than you would think.

...... but the acerbis is 1/2 the cost and you can get it in translecent white ..... nice writeup bw ...... and in your last sentence, how is it you get out emergency gas from your tank? siphon tube or extra fuel petcock or some other method? have you done an enduro with that tank?

over the weekend I rode with my 2 33oz MSR fuel bottles and had to use them in an 05WR450F, it was the first to go thirsty ....

the 450 is behind my 250 .....

DSCN1186a2.jpg

www.safaritanks.com They are a Australian company. Very strong tanks.

They make 16 litre tanks for the 03/06 WR450 and also have released a 16 litre for the 07 WR450. The large tank in the previous photo was 26 litres.

The standard WR tanks are 8 litres. So to work out US gallons double whatever your standard tank size is. 16 litres is 4 1/4 us gallons. 1 gallon is 3.79 litres.

that looks like a 6 gal. bad boy.i have a 3.3 acerbis on my 04 wr450,i really liked the stock 2.8,but need a little more range.the acerbis fits good and yes you need the yz shrouds,locktite all the screws including the petcocks,get some automotive fuel line and brass "t'' then go on that 100 mi. ride. just my 2$?

I just installed a Acerbis 3.3 on my 06 WR450 and yes it fits good, but shrouds did NOT have to be changed. WR ones fit perfect. Infact I bought a graphic kit that is for an 03-05 YZF and it fits good too. The only thing is if you have Unabiker guards you will have to do a little modifing to make the tank fit, no biggie.