Mechanically Challenged Seeking Sound Advice

The battery's practically brand new but will not start. After only a month, the batery went dead, so I had it on a charger for about 12 hours. It ran fine for about 2 days, then again it will not start with the e-button. It always starts with the kick starter though.

I checked the battery cables/terminals and they're on tight. Why isn't the battery charging even after hours of riding? What's causing this? ?

Sorry, but I just got the bike recently. :ride:

Does the battery have juice when you go to start the bike, then run down while trying to start it when cold? I have heard the the e-start doesnt have enough oomph to start the bike when cold, and will just run the battery down cranking the thing over.

The battery's practically brand new but will not start. After only a month, the batery went dead, so I had it on a charger for about 12 hours. It ran fine for about 2 days, then again it will not start with the e-button. It always starts with the kick starter though.

I checked the battery cables/terminals and they're on tight. Why isn't the battery charging even after hours of riding? What's causing this? :ride:

Sorry, but I just got the bike recently. :bonk:

These batteries and charging systems are designed to be light wieght, so there isn't much reserve power for starting like a car. If my 03 WR450 has been sitting for a few weeks, it may not estart (if I haven't charged the battery). Once I kick start, and it runs for a while, the battery is good for the day with many stops and starts. As suggested, a Battery Tender is great to keep the little battery topped off between rides.

You should probably check to make sure the charging system is working and that the battery isn't being drawn down while sitting. The tests for this are easy with an electrical volt meter. Doesn't sound like you have the background for this, but if you have a meter and need some more info, let us know. Myself, or one of the other TT guys will help you out. ?

I ride the bike at least once a week, sometimes twice per week. Even after kickstarting the bike and riding it for an hour or two in the current weather(70-80F at sea-level), after sitting for about half hour or so it will not start. It turns over on the first few attempts, but the battery eventually drains and makes that clicking sound.

Like ETP suggested I will have someone check it with an electrical volt meter to see if the battery is being drawn down while sitting or consider getting a battery tender.

Thanks. ?

the battries in these are at best just enough when they get old they just wont do it i have an 06 and resently changed the bat and found it starts so mutch easeyer and faster because it turns faster as for the battary tender

talk to your local batt shop our local guru told me they do more harm then good that he would sell me one but dont recomend leaving it on the machine he has 20 years in the bat shop