HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

split fire plugs

9 posts in this topic

"HELP" I live in australia and have used splitfire spark plugs since I bought my first wr4 in "98" and fully recomend them, anyway a few months back I bought a new "00" model when i picked it up I also grabbed some oil, spare filters etc and asked for a couple of splitfire plugs, the bloke behind the counter said we can't get them in australia anymore and something about a contract with harley-davidson, so i've been trying to find some only to get basicaly the same story everywhere I go. If you know how or where i can some my bikes and I would be very gratefull thanks !

SPLITFIRE PLUGS/Really worth it or gimmick?

------------------

The world loves talent but, pays off on character.

With crappy jetting, my bike didn't once foul it's Splitfire the entire time we were in Moab @ 4 full days of riding ~ 200-250 miles. In theory, the plug will cover a wider heat range.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 01-22-2001).]

Originally posted by FOX426:

SPLITFIRE PLUGS/Really worth it or gimmick?

JUST TRY EM'/You will be amazed,Instant horsepower gain,Stronger/ crispier top & bottom end, better economy, excelent starting/running in cold weather,I have not had to check the plug in my "98"wr4 for almost 8000 hard km (5000 miles). P.S. I still need a couple.

In my experience plugs like the split fire

are more gimmick. Does anyone have any certified dyno tests to back up the seat of your pants horsepower increase? Having the proper heat range is critical and there is no substitute for proper jetting. Trouble is most guys screw up the jetting and try to compensate with a foul proof plug. I do spend a couple extra bucks for a platinum as the harder electrode material should last longer but I've had cheap old Champions outlast the high dollar units. I think your money might be better spent on better fuel.

Russ,

My experience is with Nippondenso (ND) Hot-U's. There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind the Hot-U's work as claimed. Through the wider heat range, they can cure some minor jetting problems. I has a Kawasaki KS125 that would not pull 6th gear under load. The Hot-U cleaned it right up and my bike never bogged again. Being a kid, I didn't realize a main jet swap would cure it, but the plug did it for me.

My 2 cents.

------------------

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action , OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.