Stripped nut... how to remove?

I have a 06 KX450 & the nut(size 12M) that locks the tire into place which keeps the chain tight is stripped and I can get it off with 12M which never fit tight as it is. I guess I can use some channel-locks to remove?

How else could I do it because I need to tighten my chain pretty soon.

That is a very common one to sieze up. Use liquid wrench or PB blaster (WD-40 will work but is not the strongest). Also, be sure you are turning in the right direction. If the bolt goes into the swing arm, you want to TIGHTEN the nut and LOOSEN the bolt.

Use anti-sieze on the new bolt before reinstalling (obviously you need to replace it).

I use metric tools and everything fits on my bike. What's the problem?

If the channel locks and vice grips won't get it, use a sharp chisel and hammer. As you rap the chisel making sure your driving the nut in the right direction for it to come off, the chisel will distort the nut and unseize it. Be sure to replace the nut.

If none of the above works... go to sears, or a hardware store and ask for a fluted bolt extractor. I assure you if you follow the directions, they will work every time!

Yep. This is BY FAR the easiest and best way I have tried and belive me I've tried a lot of different ways.

Great suggestions listed, but I have a question.

How many points does your sockets have? If they have 12 you want to go find 6 point ones. Trust me, I have stripped them big time with a 12 and then got a 6 and the socket was able to get enough bite to get the nut off.

12 -point wrenches and/or sockets suck and should never have been made!!!

Great suggestions listed, but I have a question.

How many points does your sockets have? If they have 12 you want to go find 6 point ones. Trust me, I have stripped them big time with a 12 and then got a 6 and the socket was able to get enough bite to get the nut off.

12 -point wrenches and/or sockets suck and should never have been made!!!

I always find it easier to remove a stripped bolt with the 12 rather than the 6. Or by using a 12 that is a size smaller than the bolt and hammering it on. More points to spread the load, I guess!

I have a 06 KX450 & the nut(size 12M) that locks the tire into place which keeps the chain tight is stripped and I can get it off with 12M which never fit tight as it is. I guess I can use some channel-locks to remove?

How else could I do it because I need to tighten my chain pretty soon.

is it a nut or the head of a bolt thats stripped??? if its the head of a bolt, find a nut that fits over it tightly, find someone with a wire feed welder, weld the inside to the stripped bolt head, now you have a fresh bolt head to use a wrench on & the heat free's it up, easy as pie

Anybody else had problems with the metrics noting fitting right on their bike??

I've seen cheap wrences flex, causing them to slip and strip the nut. Find a set of snap on's in the future,