HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4Takt

Has anybody ever put an XR650R engine in a smaller modern bike?

10 posts in this topic

You know the CR500AF thing where they shoehorn CR500 engines into modern 125s. Has anybody ever done anything similar with an XR650R engine?

Just wondering what that would be like, that engine in a 220lbs bike that you could flick around in tight stuff.

I've never seen it; but I wonder just how hard it would be to put one in a CRF450 frame? Might have to break out the tape measure.:)

That bike looks extremely impressive but it doesn't actually use a CRF frame. It also looks like it would be extremely hard to stuff the XR650R engine in the cradle of a CRF frame. There wouldn't be any room to do maintenance on the top end without dropping the engine.

I've seen a beautiful Aprilia RS125 with an XR engine swap in it, they race the singles class. I'll look for it

xr motor weighs alot more than 450 there is not much to be gained unless you want to pump it up like over 60rwhp (except linear powerband)

I've seen a beautiful Aprilia RS125 with an XR engine swap in it, they race the singles class. I'll look for it

I'd love to see that.

If your gonna go through that much trouble and expense why not put a CBR600RR motor in there, that would be cool :)

xr motor weighs alot more than 450 there is not much to be gained unless you want to pump it up like over 60rwhp (except linear powerband)

Ive seen stock bore and stroke 450's make over 60 with an almost flat torque curve.

Something like that would wear you out worse than a 650 because of the way it'll accelorate. Its a simple power to wieght ratio deal. And if you put a heavy enough flywheel on it, you may as well just ride the 650 in the first place. :)