yamaha frames breaking!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aluminum. Well Mine Broke Down The Neck And Then The Pressure From That Snapped My Back Bone Under The Tank. My Buddies Broke All The Way Down The Front Frome Neck Down. My Yamaha Rep Came And Told Me That There Are Some Cases Of Others Doing The Same

Lets see some pics. Not saying it didn't happen to you but I would like to see. A frame breaking is the last thing I want in my mind before I hit a 100ft jump. This is the first case I've heard of though.

so is this guy full of shit.... ?

No, Not really if he posts pics then we will know that it is true. Lets look at different story:

"I was just racing desert and all of a sudden i snapped the handlebars right in half". Does this statement seem true or would there likely be a lot more detail in order to explain why such a phenomenon would happen? I don't think frames snap spontaneously thats all.

The only Yamaha frames I've heard of cracking was around the 02 generation of the YZ250F. My buddies broke twice on him and it was covered under warrenty. It wasn't a structural crack though.. it had to do with the oil in the frame leaking out.

I've heard of the occasional high hour serious SX '03 cracking around the steering head.

Kawasaki was the one that was having issues with the AL frames, to the extent that it prevented the release of the bike for a year and a half. I doubt it's impossible for a YZF frame to break, but this would be the first I've seen it.

So, it does sound a bit questionable, eh?

I actually do know of an 06 that cracked right around the neck. The bike was owned by the owners of our local shop of all people. The bike was his sons and he was doing some extremely long jumps. It was just a crack not a break and the bike was still very ridable. He was not hurt and felt lucky to have noticed the crack before something did give way. Yamaha sent a new frame when they got pics of it. I personally dont have pics myself, as I am pretty sure they didnt really want them floating around. Personally, I love my Yamahas and a few isolated cases wont scare me off.

Wanna know how hes full of shit? He said watch out if you have a 450 426, or 250...then when asked if the frames hes talking about are aluminum or steel. He says aluminum. 426 with aluminum frame?

haha. good catch!

I didn't see that the first time through.