Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKnobby

cable luber tool

6 posts in this topic

I have one of those tools where you put that clamp on the cable you are lubeing and screw it down then take the stem put it in the can and the other end of the stem in the hole in the clamp and then spray it in. My question is no matter how tite you tighten the clamp the spray still leaks out the end of the clamp. How can you stop it from leaking to get more lube down the cable tubeing?

I use a pair of needle vice grip to add additional pressure but ALWAYS have to wrap paper towels around it for the dripping and squirting. Is a pain in the butt.:)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who could never get those things to work quite right!! :ride: What a pain in the :) !!!!

but ALWAYS have to wrap paper towels around it for the dripping and squirting. Is a pain in the butt.:ride:

Same here.

Even since new, mine has never sealed perfectly. :)

I use a pair of needle vice grip to add additional pressure but ALWAYS have to wrap paper towels around it for the dripping and squirting. Is a pain in the butt.:)
I've used this method all so and it didnt work.I even took a knife and tapered the straw or stem, if you will.... at the end so it would be more pointed so it would go futher in the hole on the clamp and it still leaked out around the cable housing:banghead: .