HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Audun

Wr 426/450 Vs. Ktm 450/520/525

8 posts in this topic

This far I`ve owned a `97 Husqvarna 610, `01 Husaberg 650, `03Yamaha wr450(stolen) and a `02 WR426.. and I can say that the blue ones are the best! Ofcourse the 650 was the most powerfull and brutal bike, but the Yamahas are bullet proof. I rather ride a less powerfull bike and be able to ride 95% of the time, instead of 50% riding and 50% in the garage.. My `berg blew up to times in a year..

Two days ago I saw a `06 525 EXC.. It is prolly the best looking motard ive ever seen! But then I remembered the Husaberg.. It`s like dating Angelina Jolie! Good lucking and raw! But you have to work day and night for a month to afford one date!

So I wondered if someone in here have experience with the exc.. the Husaberg needs a enginerebuild every 100 hours and valve adjustment every 10 hours.. How reliable are the ktm? And is the extra power and gear worth it?

I use the bike a lot for commuting thise days, but planing on some Motard racing and trail riding aswell..

The KTM is much more reliable. Just make sure you change the oil every 3 rides.

Dude !

I have both and they are a perfect compliment to each other. Small and quick as opposed to long legged and smooth. I love riding both ! For my riding style the Ktm is the more effect tool. I wouldn't sell either if I could avoid it. You can't go wrong with either one !

Good Luck !

Go Riding !

STS.

i live in oslo, norway and own both: a 2003 ktm 450 exc supermoto and a 2005 husaberg fs650e. they're both super fast bikes and both are super light. nothing compares to them as far as weight to horsepower ratio except for the Aprilia sxv 550 but, the problem with the Aprilia is that it's hard to repair and they have no kick start. what the hell are you going to do if your battery runs down in the middle of no where?? anyway, both bikes are fantastic and if you live in Norway and are interested i might be willing to sell my 2005 husaberg fs 650e.

what the hell are you going to do if your battery runs down in the middle of no where??

Heh, im hearing this argument alot from various people with regards to manufacturers ditching kick starters

Have we forgot about the humble push start? :)

Kick start is the most macho way to start a bike! No doubt! But of course I miss the magic button!

:)

The KTM is much more reliable. Just make sure you change the oil every 3 rides.

More reliable than a Yami for a husky? :)

Wasn't there supposed to be a Yamaha WR450F in there somewhere ?

Have a nice day !

Go riding !

STS.

i live in oslo, norway and own both: a 2003 ktm 450 exc supermoto and a 2005 husaberg fs650e. they're both super fast bikes and both are super light. nothing compares to them as far as weight to horsepower ratio except for the Aprilia sxv 550 but, the problem with the Aprilia is that it's hard to repair and they have no kick start. what the hell are you going to do if your battery runs down in the middle of no where?? anyway, both bikes are fantastic and if you live in Norway and are interested i might be willing to sell my 2005 husaberg fs 650e.