HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yellowmike

baffling Question?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I read in a thread here a few weeks ago about someone who replaced the exhaust baffle in their xr650l with one out of an older Honda atv. I have looked and looked and can't find the thread where I read about it.:applause: :applause: Anyone know what make and year baffle from a Honda atv will work in my XL? Thanks.....

I have one on my bike. It was off an early to mid 90's 4 wheeler. It was given to me by a local rider who used it on his XR650L. It fits just like the stock baffle. I'll check the exact size but I'm pretty sure it has almost 2x the opening of the stock one.

The stock XRL baffle is 15/16th of an inch. The ATV baffle is 1 1/4 inches. Area wise the stocker is .68 and the ATV one is 1.23 square inches. Almost twice the area of the stock opening. It does sound a little louder and deeper than the stocker. I re jetted for the better flow and the bikes runs great!

The stock XRL baffle is 15/16th of an inch. The ATV baffle is 1 1/4 inches. Area wise the stocker is .68 and the ATV one is 1.23 square inches. Almost twice the area of the stock opening. It does sound a little louder and deeper than the stocker. I re jetted for the better flow and the bikes runs great!

TrailriderXRL,

Thanks for the great info. I will start reasearching what I think might work.

If anyone has a model # that would give me a place to start.. Thanks again.

Yellowmike