VP Fuel

Yea, I'd like to know too, when switching to Race Fuel, what is a typical rejetting? Down on the main like Yamaha thumper asked?
One of the common features of contemporary racing fuels is oxygenation. Not all have it, but about half do. This means that in addition to the air coming through the carb, part of the mass of the fuel itself is oxygen in a form that becomes free to take part in the combustion process. To compensate, you have to add more fuel, which means richer jetting.

Hey Captain Knobby, I'm currently running the same CAM2 114 (Purple). I live in Virginia as well. Like everything else I tinker with, I've been contemplating trying some "race" fuel. That's way I asked for feedback on what folks were using. With the price of pump gas climbing (an you never really know what your getting) I figured why not try something new that maybe clearner burning, smells better, and potentially more HP.

Hey Captain Knobby, I'm currently running the same CAM2 114 (Purple). I live in Virginia as well. Like everything else I tinker with, I've been contemplating trying some "race" fuel. That's way I asked for feedback on what folks were using. With the price of pump gas climbing (an you never really know what your getting) I figured why not try something new that maybe clearner burning, smells better, and potentially more HP.

You say you are contemplating trying some "race fuel" But isint cam 2 114 octane race fuel?:)

Yes you are correct but I was thinking of something more exotic, better smelling.

Well if you are looking for that smell!! Just ad a cap full of castor(I use maxima 927 castor) to 5gal of gas and you will get that fine smell of exotic racing fuel. The sweet smell of castor! You cant beat it.

i've been running 1 gal toluene with 4 gal 87 unleaded,adding 2 capfulls (about a ounce) of marvel mystery oil per 5 gal of mix. runs much better...like gray said you need to richen a hair. the MMO is because fuels are getting "drier" in recent yrs and the toluene increases that factor. i thought i did have a problem with it swelling the viton in my ebrock but it was caused by something else i was experimenting with and havn't had trouble since:thumbsup: i suppose the castor does the same as the MMO?

i suppose the castor does the same as the MMO?
Yes. Castor smells a lot better, but MMO is cleaner. In such small quantities, I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in any deposits.

I absolutely loved to smell of U4. I would add small amount to my gas jug just for the smell. Wierd, OK, I will grant you that. But thats another story. Anyway, do you guys know of anything that will make my gas smell just like U4? Thanks, BnB

Here's what's in U4:

Benzene 71-43-2 <10%

Toluene 108-88-3 <10%

Dimethylbenzene (xylene) 1330-20-7 <10%

Ethylbenzene 100-41-4 <10%

Styrene (ethenyl benzene) 100-42-5 <10%

1,3-Butadiene 106-99-0 <5%

Isoprene 78-79-5 <10%

N-Hexane 110-54-3 <2%

Pentane/pentadiene 109-66-0 <10%

Cyclopentadiene 542-92-7 <10%

Lead 7439-92-1 <10%