HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2012 450 xc-w

Carb Issue?

3 posts in this topic

Recently my 06 450 started to stall or die right off the bottom. Doesn't do it consistently, but enough to concern me. Started doing this last month in Moab, I thought it could be moisture from the first fill up out of the Toyhauler. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Never had any problems before. No mods to the carb with the exception of modified stock AP cover.

pilot jet? WHen ever i have problems on the low end its usual the pilot jet for some reason... id try a good carb cleaning and take it from there... its certainly the cheapest fix

pilot jet? WHen ever i have problems on the low end its usual the pilot jet for some reason...
Could it be because the pilot jet controls fuel delivery from closed to 1/3 throttle? Hmm. It may be as simple as re-dialing the idle mixture screw for weather changes.

If you suspect water in the fuel, pick up a little ethyl or methyl alcohol and add it to the tank. The amount should be roughly twice the suspected volume of water present. Put just a few ounces in the bike's tank, and perhaps as much as a quart in the hauler.