HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondacrf150f1

XR650R year changes?

4 posts in this topic

ok i thought they changed from the All Red seat, to the Red And Black seat in 2002. Is that true? I wanta look for one with the Red & Black cause it just looks awsome. Any other mods poeple can tell me about besides graphics?

thanx

2000/2001 have an older style clutch bushing and countershaft seal. Both are cheap parts to replace. Other than that, I think they are all the same mechanically.

California bikes are different from the rest due to emissoins. The carburetor ID# is PE78B for a California bike and PE78A for a non-California bike. I don't think you can notice a difference after uncorking the bike.

2002 1/2 and some 2003 have a thicker right side case half. Honda was tring to reduce engine noise. 2005 on some if not all have smaller compression valve port holes in the forks. I have seen different shims and washers in the fork valve setups but, they don't seen to be nailed done to one year. Little things that make little difference.