HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cliffy07WR450

Update on 07 WR450f Carb Access

6 posts in this topic

:applause:

Hi, just wondering wether anyone has agreeded on an easy way to access the carbs on these bikes for jetting. There was lots of different ways suggested but no one seemed to agree on the best procedure.(not that I could find anyway)

I heard one about just unbolting the bottom of the subframe and lifting it up?? Cheers..........Clinton

So far ,it's unbolt the bottom sub frame bolts and exhaust ,tip it up out of the way,then unbolt the shock and swing it out of the way.A bit of a pain,,,,,

Linc

So far ,it's unbolt the bottom sub frame bolts and exhaust ,tip it up out of the way,then unbolt the shock and swing it out of the way.A bit of a pain,,,,,

Linc

Ya think? thats a nightmare...not a bit of a pain

Access to the needle, main and pilot jets is quite easy

Needle, remove seat and tank, remove top engine mount undo two screws on top of carby remove it one more allen screw to go your needle is under it.

Main and pilot jets, undo clamps twist carby,remove large nut on bottom of carby,remove front chain guard which will give you just enough room to do the job.

Sounds good to me, now I just got to source some jetting specs off the dealers to suit my FMF powercore 4 (every dealer tells you something different). Thanks for your input muchly appreciated.

Cheers.........Clinton.:applause: :applause:

Ya think? thats a nightmare...not a bit of a pain

It is a pain but I did it once and after over 800 miles I've never had to change anything. Once you get it right most people wont have to go back.