Chain rubbing inside of frame and sub

The million dollar question. A guy I ride with has an 06 that does not hit either. Several others I know hit. If you can figure it out for sure, bottle it and sell it for a million.

I wonder if the the counter sprocket can fit either way. Maybe from assembly it was put on backwards causing the chain to be pushed out more towards the frame. When I changed my counter sprocket on my old CRF450R, it went on either way.

Another alternative is the way the motor was positioned in the frame to begin with. I wonder if loosening the motor mounts could reposition the motor a bit.

Man, I want that million dollars:thumbsup:

I wonder if the the counter sprocket can fit either way. Maybe from assembly it was put on backwards causing the chain to be pushed out more towards the frame. When I changed my counter sprocket on my old CRF450R, it went on either way.

Another alternative is the way the motor was positioned in the frame to begin with. I wonder if loosening the motor mounts could reposition the motor a bit.

Man, I want that million dollars:thumbsup:

Better do some more research.

The front sprocket goes on one way only. It isn't offset in either direction, but the back side is undercut to clear the dust cover on the output shaft seal. If you reverse it, it locks the trans.

The rear engine mount bolt is the swing arm pivot, so that's out, too.

Neither of my '06 YZ's hit the frame very much at all. The two friends bikes that I realigned used to, but don't any more.

Chains that are loose laterally will contribute to the problem.

If Yamaha doesn't know about the problem, why do they make a frame saver?

The cause is a worn out chain. Now send me my millon.