HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kxman

Off Road Flywheel Installed

2 posts in this topic

Just installed the heavier Yamaha flywheel on my 06 450. This is what I needed all along. I only ride off-road and the bike was kinda stall prone in certain situations. Much less so now. I was worried it would rev too slow but that is not the case. I have the Zip-Ty carb mod on my bike as well and the throttle response is still amazing, just less likely to stall in slow sections. I like this 100 times better than the Rekluse I had on for a little while and it only cost 104 dollars.

I just did the same thing, except I put the GYTR racing flywheel on. I added 4.8oz and changed the inertia mass from 3.8 kg-cm^2 (stock) to 4.9 kg-cm^2 : a 29% increase. The offroad flywheel you added increased the weight 9.2oz and changed the inertia mass to 6.15 kg-cm^2: a 62% increase.

The added weight definitely took the harsh edge off the Zip-Ty carb mod, which was too responsive for me, and reduced stalling by 50%. It still stalls, but not as much. I have only ridden 5 times on the 450F after switching from my 250F. I wanted more power that didn't jerk my arms off and tire me out. I think I am pretty close to that goal.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelscitemdetail/5/209/1218/5375/2007/1/5207/0/0/detail.aspx