HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thumper605

Seal for K & N air filter xr650r

4 posts in this topic

I once saw some sort of seal to be used with a K&N air filter.

Now I can't seem to find anything about it.

The use of wheel bearing grease is getting a little old now the trails are so dusty.

P C Racing used to make pro-seal now it appears they no longer make them for the XR650R Bummer.

Even in the local catalog here there is a listing for the Honda XR650R, but it says quote

You have entered an incorrect part number or the product you are trying to view no longer exists.:applause:

I got a new seal for the one I use on my "L". It didn't last very long. I pulled off what was left of it and have been using a very thin bead of hi temp red silicone sealant. It's ON there, when I do get around to cleaning it I have to pry it off.:applause:

K&N used to have a sealing grease, but it usually caused the filter to slide around.

Personally I'd sway away from the K&N for off road use. Lets the fine stuff through and can wear your engine faster.