Moose drain plug

I replaced my drain plug with (I believe) a Moose drain plug. Now I hardly ever see any shavings on it. Is the Ty Davis plug magnet strong enough to make a difference?? Is it worth changing??

I am hoping I don't see shavings because of my rigorous oil changing practice...

Thanks

SWITCH NOW!!!!

I have a moose plug buried in my toolbox somewhere, but it won't even hold itself up!! (or hold a picture to the side of my box) throw it away and get a real magnet. Trust me, it's worth the 11 bucks!

:)

www.thumper-racing.net part # m0103

P.S. I saw a pic of the ty plug holding an entire cam shaft! so it will hold any chucnks, or chips that could be in the oil.

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: crazyadam ]

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: crazyadam ]

Crazyadam,

thanks for the brutal truth. I have been suspectful that this magnet was not enough. I also saw this add, and quickly remebered how my magnet wouldn't barely stick to the frame...I guess I've been in denial.

Steve...if you're reading this, I bought one of these for your 426...you can thank me later! We'll plan on a replacement next oil change.

http://www.ziptyracing.com

I have used his plugs for years and would NEVER use anything else. They are the strongest little magnet Ihave ever seen. Very worth while investment.

Ernie

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: yzernie ]

Staple-

I'm in the same boat. My moose plug works OK, but not many shavings are showing up anymore.

Just ordered the Ziptyracing plug...

I have a moose plug buried in my toolbox somewhere, but it won't even hold itself up!! (or hold a picture to the side of my box) throw it away and get a real magnet. Trust me, it's worth the 11 bucks!

Where are you getting them for $11?

Looks closer to $20 after shipping to me.

Thanks.

I was just thinking of getting one of these for myself.

I also would like to know where they are avialable for $11!!!

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

I said this before, the ZipTy plug is prob the strongest magnetic plug out there. It can hold a full can of Fosters! Well, it was almost full anyway! :)

I got the Ty plug from thumper- racing for $11, but also bought the E-Line Carbon skid plate and a few other goodies as well... But that was last year .. :) inflation

it was less $ than my shipping, so it was $ well spent!

I talked with Ty Davis a while back and he told me he was using some alloy type magnet on his plugs and they were far stronger. And, his dad made the Moose plugs as I recall and he used a standard magnet. He also said his dad recently switched to the stronger magnets so you might run into other than Zip-Ty Racing plugs that are especially strong.

I use the Yamaha one... it seems rather a weak magnet... I think the best one would have a Neodynium (sp?) magnet - the stuff would be pulled from the oil, not just if it passed withing a couple of mm of the plug... I appreciate the usefulness of these things, so maybe this is the next bulk buy - nearly as small as a t-handle, and just as useful... What do you guys think? (those without them already that is...)

Paging NHKevin, please come so the white courtesy phone... :)

David