HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matts06yzf

Hinson Outer basket, and new oem inner boss ok?

4 posts in this topic

I have to put outer and inner in my bike both shot,I have outer hinson new in box, I need inner 40 bucks for oem or 230 for Hinson, I am buying a 08 when they come out so will this be ok to do or will I wear down parts faster this way etc. I meen I know Hinson is better but shit I can buy 6 oem ones for same price and I wont have it but so much longer whats your thoughts?

I had the same thoughts as you... I just stayed with the billet outer and OEM inner. My OEM one lasted at least 3 years so I think that's plenty.

I've ran the OEM inner with the Hinson basket before and it works fine. I really don't think you would notice a difference if you bought the Hinson inner hub anyway.

The only time I had troubles mixing and matching was when I tried to use a hinson pressure plate with the oem inner hub. The hinson was so precision the teeth would stick to the cast inner hub.

The swap your talking about sounds just fine!