HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
commando

Does a comfortable seat exist?

21 posts in this topic

My bro-in-law says his butt still hurts from a ride we did 3 weeks ago. It was his first ride on his '05 WR450f.

Any chance there is a cushy gel seat, or an oversized foam seat that would shut his whining up about a sore butt?

Links would be nice. Thanks... Stores in utah/idaho for local pickup? or online stores to order and ship, whatever you find.

Yes there are comfortable seats out there. Guts racing is one of the favorites around here, but you would know that if you tried a search. There are literally hundreds of threads out there on this exact subject. I am not trying to be an a$$, but it is obvious that you didn't even try before posting this. Sorry.

Just ordered the GUTS tall/soft seat... said it was shipping tomorrow. I'll post how it is after my first ride on it.

Yes there are comfortable seats out there. Guts racing is one of the favorites around here, but you would know that if you tried a search. There are literally hundreds of threads out there on this exact subject. I am not trying to be an a$$, but it is obvious that you didn't even try before posting this. Sorry.

you should ask to be a moderator

you should ask to be a moderator

I don't know what got into me, I am not usually the "Search Nazi" but for some reason I felt the need to tell him to search. I have no interest in being a mod, nor do I have the time it would take. Sorry, I will crawl back into my hole and just answer questions. Have a good one.:applause:

you guys have to remember at times of need it seems that the SEARCH feature does not work, so try not to be too hard on him/us...........

Geeze, someone is cranky... chill out bro:thumbsup: :applause:

Geeze, someone is cranky... chill out bro:thumbsup: :applause:

Yeah, I already admitted that. Even apologized for it I think. In my defense though, I didn't just tell him to search, I also answered his question. I admit the crankiness could have easily been omitted.

Hope you enjoy your seat, I personally think it was one of the best investments I made on my bike.

Josh

I bought the Tall/Soft GUTS seat cover for my Bro-in-Law and he thinks it is truely a godsend. So, it looks like I am going to get me new soft seat cover for my DRZ... hope this is the end of monkey-butt!!!

I noticed the tall/soft Guts seat reference, and at risk of sounding like the newbee that I am, is it actually taller than stock? I ask because I'm a short little bugger who would like a softer seat that is not taller.

Go to their site (Gutsracing), they have factory height with soft, medium, or hard foam available. You can but just the foam or a whole new seat.

my 04 isnt a small bike. Im 6 ft but does the tall seat make life any tougher to deal with? What is the next option next to a seat with tall soft foam? I have to do something with my seat.especially dual sporting my bike